• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bumper numbers

TheWeatherMan

Ok so i got no idea what mine were but I know info about the truck and where it was from. So what goes where. I tried searching but came up with nothing

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can usually sand off the paint on the bumper and get to the numbers. You already have everything you need except the vehicle number. The left bumper will have the division and battalion. The right bumper will have C - (veh #). TB 746-93-1 is a good guide. I attached a copy. Your truck is from the Iowa National Guard.

Attachments

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might want to try what I did. My M35A2 came from the PA National Guard. I received all of my information from Carnac on the vehicle and confirmed it by sanding. Like yours, mine was somewhat difficult to read after sanding. I googled the unit, got the unit's telephone number, and called them. I got hold of a Major who was actually familiar with my truck. Told me all kinds of stories as to where the truck had been over the years, and the vehicle number. He also e-mailed me a complete history of the unit. I had to go through several highly suspicious people before I got to someone that could help, however.