• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Burning WVO Fryer Oil

SlicesGuy

Has anyone tried burning fryer oil in their deuce? If so, what did you do to to the oil or the deuce before running it through the engine? I did a quick search but I didn't get too much info. My father and I have been pretty interested in unimogs and M35s lately, reading a lot and watching auctions. We own a pizzeria, so there is a huge temptation to turn the fryers into fuel. =)

3rdaavbn

WVO is a great resourse. I ran it in a 7.3 Power stroke for years. It needs to be filtered and it needs to be heated before sending it to the engine. I found great info and equipment at www.greasecar.com . They have tanks, solinoids, radiator fluid by passes etc. Good luck! let me know if you have any questions.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It does not need to be heated in a multi fuel truck.

Please read the question, then answer the question.

Also, please search before posting a new thread. We have covered this hundreds of times.

Beyond Biodiesel

I have been running fryer oil, otherwise known as WVO, in a 1987 Chevy van with a 6.2L diesel for over 7 years. I have been running it on a deuce for one year. To make waste oils work as diesel fuel I blend them with gasoline, then settle the blend for at least 2 weeks, then separate out the sediments, then filter down to 1-micron. It works great down to 0F (-18c). No heat needed.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I ran 50/50 WVO/diesel in my M275 and in a diesel Ford Ranger I had. The WVO has to be filtered and de-watered for best results. As stated there are plenty of references on many sites to tell you how to do this.
When I was making my own "Deuce elixer" I used 30 gallons of waste motor oil, 30 gallons of WVO, 30 gallons of diesel and 10 gallons of regular gas to make a 100 gallon batch.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wreckerman's SECRET RECIPE Revealed......

I ran 50/50 WVO/diesel in my M275 and in a diesel Ford Ranger I had. The WVO has to be filtered and de-watered for best results. As stated there are plenty of references on many sites to tell you how to do this.
When I was making my own "Deuce elixer" I used 30 gallons of waste motor oil, 30 gallons of WVO, 30 gallons of diesel and 10 gallons of regular gas to make a 100 gallon batch.
:grd:

Beyond Biodiesel

I ran 50/50 WVO/diesel in my M275 and in a diesel Ford Ranger I had. The WVO has to be filtered and de-watered for best results.
Blending diesel fuel with waste oils really does nothing but slightly dilute the waste oil, while thickening the diesel fuel; whereas, blending gasoline with waste oils at about 20% significantly thins the waste oil, and it remarkably good at precipitating out the water in the waste oil in a very short period of time.
Blending WVO with WMO works if the WMO is pretty clean, but if it is heavily burned due to being run too long in an engine, then a precipitate can form at the bottom of the tank, which is glue-like and can coat your entire fuel system. Also, that precipitate does not respond well to adding small amounts of solvents to the fuel. The entire fuel system will have to be drained and lacquer thinner circulated through it for about an hour to clean out the glue-like precipitate that will be coating your fuel system.

Here is a link to this subject: Blending WMO with WVO Incompatibility

Last edited:

Avn-Tech

Group,

i filter wate motor oil, to use in my Deuce.
Shannon Deese used to use the motor oil as fast as I could filter it in his Deuce (Straight)

i know before that Shannon used WVO and eventually had problems with his fuel system.
i think I still have a couple of drums of fuel he took out of his system.

i use a centrifical filter to filter my waste oil, before use.
i currently have about 150 gallons filtered, and another 100+ gallons to filter.
since I do not drive my deuce often, I am only on my second tank since I bought it.
my only fill up, was provided by a friend who barrowed the deuce to take to wasteland weekend.

laterrrrr
avn-Tech

dmetalmiki

Never used WVO, others that have I know of had too many problems, and the deuces seem to go well on wmo slightly diluted with petrol, (and the F350), but 5 tons are just a pain. Smoke worse than battleshpis laying a smokescrren. All filtered down to 1 micron.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks