• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

busted dana 44

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be funny if it wasn't just to clown on someone asking for help with bad grammar. Which rule of the forums state you must be an english major?
This one ;

Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read!

Apoc Bane

Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read![/SIZE]
How do you know that's not his best?

So if someone speaks english as a second language what's their best?

So a Mods response is to do the same as the OP? How does being above the rules stated help the forum?

Apoc Bane

Yes that is one option. Would have saved the guy from becoming the butt end of the joke.

Or

Edit his post, send a PM with hey try using a text editing program to spellcheck for you.

You can download open office for free, which will edit for you. Then you can copy and paste.

Or just make fun of people, it's always easy to do on the internet.

Just thought we're a group of like minded individuals trying to help each other.

Last edited:
However you look at it, the forum rules say "Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation". It's cut and dry.aua For those of you that have been in the military, you know what I mean when I say that there are numerous rules and policies that one may not agree with, but there is nothing that one can do to change them. At the end of the day, you will comply. The way I see it, YOU AGREED to the rules. You may not like them. If you don't agree with them, then don't post anything on here.

Sorry this has gotten so off topic. Sounds like you got a heck of a deal on those axles!

Last edited:

rnd-motorsports

I do not use proper grammar all the time myself . yes rules are rules. There is not a single sole on here that has not broke a rule of some sort. Not everybody is perfect. And for a moderator or anybody else, to not come out and say what somebody has or is doing wrong and to go do the same and make fun of or belittle them then they are just as much or more in the wrong! thats my opinion on that matter! two wrongs do not make a right!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not use proper grammar all the time myself . yes rules are rules. There is not a single sole on here that has not broke a rule of some sort. Not everybody is perfect. And for a moderator or anybody else, to not come out and say what somebody has or is doing wrong and to go do the same and make fun of or belittle them then they are just as much or more in the wrong! thats my opinion on that matter! two wrongs do not make a right!
There should at least be an effort made , were not asking for perfect .

C15TA

Itwillbedifficulttotellifthespringswillworkwithout measuringotherthanthattheywillprettymuchboltinsorr yican'tbebothereswithcapitalizationandpunctuationo rspacesbetweenwordsforthatmatter

Okay, who polices the Grammar Police? Those were very articulate and well written posts by Apoc Bane. He seems well educated but doesn't feel the need to
make fun of someone's writing skills. Lots of very intelligent, informed people would probably participate more on this forum if it wasn't so difficult. The most common response to questions is "do a search " or "look in the manual". Soon there will be no need for any more posts.
Barry

wilsonmotors

ok so my grammer is not the best but i do try. so dont poke tomuch fun. ok so here is the new problem not shure if im gunna run 35's or 37's. the rear axle has 3.73 gears and the front has a 4.10 any ideas on which axel to switch? should i run 3.73 or the 4.10 gears?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since obviously no one posting here is monitoring my PMs I'll go on the record and request that the OP please attempt to use capitalization and puntuation. Judging by his the content of his posts, I would seriously doubt if he doesn't realize that the first letter of a sentence is supposed to be capitalized. Mods are no better than anyone else here so don't hold them to a higher standard than anyone else. At least I tried to answer his questions, all some of you did was throw stones

rnd-motorsports

That is a question only you can answer! Is it going to be a daily driver with just some wheel-in sometimes? if so I would stay with the 3:73 gears , best all around gear for a truck in my opinion! With the bigger tire will accelerate a little slower but give the best mileage! But if you will wheel allot and drive and don't care about the mileage , then go with the 4:10. As for the cheapest and easiest to change then swap the 14 bolt rear gears to match the front Dana 60, Allot easier to find used 4:10 14 bolt gears then to find 3:73 Dana 60 gears and to change! :driver:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Considering the amount of 14 Bolts there are out there, you could likely find one with the 4.10 gears cheaper than a new gear set. You might also scour the salvage yards for a dually pickup with a Dana 70 in the back. As long as its a pickup, not a cab chassis, it will have the same width as the front (within inches) so you wouldn't require any spacers at all for the HMMWV rims. Gearing choice is going to be a personal choice in the end. 3.73s in the 14 bolts are out there more than 3.73s in the Dana 60F.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finding a 4.10 14 bolt is probably the cheapest way out. Cheaper than a re-gear. Also, look for a Dana 70 out of a dually pickup. It will have almost the same width as your front. The cab/chassis axles are narrower.