• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Butner NC

tktsales

Had a very positive experience this morning picking up at Gov Planet in Butner NC.. In and out in 10 mins. The guys were helpful and polite, Loaded me with care and I left without any new dents in the truck and all my glass and tail lights intact. Just wanted to give a positive feedback for this location. Its not often I have nice things to say about GP especially when it comes to pickups.. I will not hesitate to buy more from this location after today.. This location is also easy in and out if you have a trailer. Right off the interstate, Lots of room and just a well laid out location. Thank you

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have to agree with you... I have made two trips to Butner NC recently.

I have to say it is obvious that THEY CARE about being helpful.
They lift your stuff onto your transportation (trailer) without stabbing holes into containers etc.

aghumvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anybody know if they will band items to a pallet at this location?

Or has anybody had a LTL freight company pickup here?

Butner, NC (Appears to be the ritchie bros lot)

Thanks!
Andrew

tktsales

Thanks!
Andrew
I dont know if they will or not. I am sure they will accommodate LTL however I have been finding more and more LTL companies are getting sick of picking up at these locations due to them having to wait around, Items not being ready or not being banded, shrink wrapped, properly packed ect.. Its over an hour drive for me one way and I Have nothing there to be picked up or I would try and help..

aghumvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont know if they will or not. I am sure they will accommodate LTL however I have been finding more and more LTL companies are getting sick of picking up at these locations due to them having to wait around, Items not being ready or not being banded, shrink wrapped, properly packed ect.. Its over an hour drive for me one way and I Have nothing there to be picked up or I would try and help..
Thanks for the info!

MixManSC

I had an LTL pickup from Butner. Buddy of mine is a truck driver so he picked it up. Said it was easy as can be - they were nice, loaded into the back of the trailer, offered to let him inspect first, etc.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

Thanks!
Andrew
They will not band, it is as it shows it in the item picture.

Driver must have the release and own BOL, Austin is kind of a pain about that rather than you emailing it to yard contact like every other yard.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks