• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buyer beware, Austin Mn

amg71

70M561
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bought a engine from Arts Parts in Austin Mn, Engine was delivered locked up. Won't take it back or refund any kind on money on it. The man hung up the phone when trying to work something out. You can see # 1 piston had a water jacket leak. I can't get the piston out. I can get as far out as top ring and stops. No ring groove on sleeve. Any ideas ? Got to pull the crank, even with the idler gear that drives the cam from the crank gear pulled the crank still will not turn but about an 1" -2" and stops

Attachments

joel

Bought a engine from Arts Parts in Austin Mn, Engine was delivered locked up. Won't take it back or refund any kind on money on it. The man hung up the phone when trying to work something out. You can see # 1 piston had a water jacket leak. I can't get the piston out. I can get as far out as top ring and stops. No ring groove on sleeve. Any ideas ? Got to pull the crank, even with the idler gear that drives the cam from the crank gear pulled the crank still will not turn but about an 1" -2" and stops
I'd pour some kroil on it, let it set a few days, I've heard brake fluid will work, it will take time, PB blaster is supposed be good stuff

amg71

70M561
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forgot to mention the man lied to me, he told on the phone it was a running engine and he turned it over before he shipped it.. I,m starting to think it has a cracked sleeve, the manual shows that the piston is installed from the bottom of the sleeve and installed as one assembly. Will the piston come out the top of the sleeve also?

amg71

70M561
Steel Soldiers Supporter
filed a compliant with Mn BBB. been into dealing surplus for 47 years and never got screwed like this. The thing is the man lied to me on the phone ,telling me it was running engine. Said he turned it over before he shipped it. I hate to bad mouth someone in business but man an engine isn't cheap.

dmetalmiki

Whatever happened to "Unfit For Purpose"?
Do you have, Or could you obtain a copy of the conversation?.
No way what you experiencing is right.
Reminds me of (When) I bought a 22ton 1942 ex U.S. Army trailer a year ago.
Describes as complete working and wholly 'original' From a guy in Europe.
When delivered I placed it in a barn for storage.
I latterly (About 6-8 months after) took it out to service it, Tried the brakes, NOTHING!
Took off the wheels, No 'F...Brake drums, NO brake shoes or springs.!
Is that " Fair and reasonable"?.
Or, 'Fit For Purpose'?
What I felt, (Feel) for that man is unprintable here or anywhere.
He (Now does not answer my emails to him).
£ sssssss "Door Stop"!.

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AMG71 there are three things I will not tolerate from people, Lying, stealing and cheating and unfortunately you found a loser who practices all 3 of these despicable traits!! Sorry you have to deal with crap like this that should have never happened in the first place. I have the guys information and will make sure that the folks I work with know what kind of operation he is actually running!
Good luck
Karl

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as I’m concerned, there is nothing wrong with exposing people that rip us off. If we were sitting around a camp fire, you wouldn’t hesitate to name names. This site, to me, is like that. If I know someone is not honorable, has ripped me off, I will post it. If this saves one of you from being ripped off, I’m glad to help. I have no tolerance for liars and thieves...

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dealt with the guy a few years ago on some Goat parts. Stuff I got I would have just considered scrape but fortunately for me it was cosmetic parts that I could work over and use and not as expensive as an engine. Refused to do any other business afterwards.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Sometime the the heart is.."Warmed"..again!
UPDATE.
The guy that sold me trailer sent me an email two years later...last month.
He traveled across E.U. borders to collect,..Brake drums? No. Shoes?,..No..Springs?,..No..
HA! But..he only found and delivered to my friends in Germany..A WHOLE REAR AXLE LINE UP! Wheels tires brake drums shoes springs and ALL components.
So..he has "restored MY faith in.." Folk, (well..Some folk).
AND restored my CPT 22 trailer from the £!0000 'Door stop'..Into a £1000s Collectable wartime period trailer.:jumpin:
How about them apples?
Just SOMETIMES..Well, You know..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks