• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying a Bobbed 5 ton questions

Blazer1987

Yeah I have not talked to my grandma yet, im afraid lol. Im thinking about writing a letter because if I call her and even say the word military,she will flip out. She wont listen to my explanation of the truck or anything. If I write a letter that way we wont get into a screaming match. She is very difficult to talk to about anything. She complains about everything I own. But when it comes to her needing my help or advice she listens and is all about whatever she wants and needs. I had a beautiful 1986 blue lifted chevy shortbed with one ton axles and 40 inch swampers. Fully restored, prestine paint job, just sold it for 12,000$. She told me I was insane for owning such a vehicle and that it was a piece of crap. I told her I was going to run over her mini cooper if she kept it up. Its been my dream to own a five ton since I was 17, now 32 and still cant fulfill my dream. Ive been dealing with treatment resistant depression for ten years now and I have no friends,no life, barely work. Ive lost interest in everything in life, except my mechanical skills and building trucks. My vehicle is my life. Its like all that matters to me. When I owned my m923a2 I was so excited and happy about it. Then I lost my girlfriend of three years,thought we were getting married. She threw me out because of the truck,she wouldnt even go for a ride in it, it was awful. So I was forced to move in with my mother at my grandmas house. The neighbors didnt complain about the truck. It was in the driveway for six months and everything was fine. Then my grandma came from florida on vacation and flipped out and told me I had two weeks to get rid of it or it was gonna be towed. Im pretty sure she wont let me get another one. Im so sad and mad at the same time. Im gonna try to write her a letter but its just gonna be a waste of time and paper. I dont know what to do?

JohnnyBM931A2

Well I can't say I blame you. If she was my grandma I would be pissed too. She sounds like a terrible person. I think it's time to get grandma out of your life.

If it were me, I would move out, not tell her where I moved to, and I would block her phone number. Then maybe one day when she's cold and alone, she'll regret her poor treatment of the family that she used to have. Anyway, that's just me.

But I do think you need to move forward with your life, and become your own man. Sounds like you have some issues to deal with, but nothing that can't be solved by an open (and optimistic) mind. You can't let people get in the way of your dreams man.. If everyone did that, the world would be a very sad place indeed. Keep your chin up, take grandmas negative influence out of the picture, and try to have some fun with your life! And buy another 5 ton once the living situation is figured out.. That's a given ;)

tbar123

Blazer; I would like to say that everyone here is your friend. Everyone may not like you as much as others, but when it counts there's not a person on here that won't help you out. I had a very bad day not to long ago, and basically made an entire ass of myself to the entire community. The next day, I realized what I had done and asked for forgiveness and was welcomed back with arms wide open. It meant a lot to me. So you do have friends. Many of them!
Could you buy your truck and do some BS calls to your Gma weekly and find out when she's coming up and then park your truck for that time period at a fellow members place? You may have to do some horse trading or work for them, but at least you can keep your pride and joy.

Blazer1987

Thank you so much. Im glad I can be friends with everyone on this site. You guys understand me and accept me. I only have one or two friends here where I live and they are not even really friends. Im glad my lifestyle fits in around here. Thanks everyone.

Blazer1987

I talked to my grandmother and it did not turn out very good. It turned into a huge argument as usual. Me and my father get along well and we might be renting a shop I can keep the truck at when she is here. After the argument we had I might be living in the shop too. She is a liar and said one of the neighbors complained about my truck. And she said it was a neighbor that lives down the street not even near my house. So I asked her which neighbors it was so maybe I could. Talk to them, and she wouldnt tell me because she is lying. My truck was parked here for 6 months and nobody said anything to me except how cool it was and they loved it. So now im gonna find the worst looking,loud, and rusted out daily driver and see how the neighbors like looking at that instead of a nice newly painted and clearcoated,shortened 5 ton I was going to buy. She called me a redneck because I like big trucks and enjoy working on engines and stuff. She is going to regret messing with me. Im absolutely crazy and will prob end up being arrested some day. Im so mad. Hopefully me and my father can get a shop together. Then if I get a real written complaint or the crap hits the fan ill have a place to keep it. I want her out of my life so bad, but I cant get my act together and move out. Im so depressed and miserable I dont even leave my bedroom. Im on disability, on tons of meds, cant even work. My only work I have is plumbing with my father thats on and off. It would be so cool if I could live at the shop we are going to rent. That would work out good. I gotta get out of this **** hole im in and grow up. I hope nobody minds me talking about this stuff on this site. But its all I have. Thank you everyone for your input and ideas, its really helping me not feel so alone. Before this I thought I was the only person in the world that likes army trucks. Great talking to everyone thanks again.

sweetk30

boy I got 1 thing to say

just walk away from the problem fam member and don't look back . its not worth it . and a criminal record will screw you for ever these days . stay clean and straight .

JohnnyBM931A2

I talked to my grandmother and it did not turn out very good. It turned into a huge argument as usual. Me and my father get along well and we might be renting a shop I can keep the truck at when she is here. After the argument we had I might be living in the shop too. She is a liar and said one of the neighbors complained about my truck. And she said it was a neighbor that lives down the street not even near my house. So I asked her which neighbors it was so maybe I could. Talk to them, and she wouldnt tell me because she is lying. My truck was parked here for 6 months and nobody said anything to me except how cool it was and they loved it. So now im gonna find the worst looking,loud, and rusted out daily driver and see how the neighbors like looking at that instead of a nice newly painted and clearcoated,shortened 5 ton I was going to buy. She called me a redneck because I like big trucks and enjoy working on engines and stuff. She is going to regret messing with me. Im absolutely crazy and will prob end up being arrested some day. Im so mad. Hopefully me and my father can get a shop together. Then if I get a real written complaint or the crap hits the fan ill have a place to keep it. I want her out of my life so bad, but I cant get my act together and move out. Im so depressed and miserable I dont even leave my bedroom. Im on disability, on tons of meds, cant even work. My only work I have is plumbing with my father thats on and off. It would be so cool if I could live at the shop we are going to rent. That would work out good. I gotta get out of this **** hole im in and grow up. I hope nobody minds me talking about this stuff on this site. But its all I have. Thank you everyone for your input and ideas, its really helping me not feel so alone. Before this I thought I was the only person in the world that likes army trucks. Great talking to everyone thanks again.
That would be cool if you end up renting a shop :)

Ford Mechanic

There are 2 houses for rent right across the road from our hobby farm here in NC. A move down south will make you more sane right off the the bat. Park your truck at our farm, I have tools.

What type of disability do you have? Do you have a record? There are decent jobs here for folks and they are forgiving with certain marks on their records as long as you can or will work.