• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying a BRDM 2

Hummer Guy

I'm looking for a site to buy a running BRDM 2 at a affordable price. I'm looking to get one for about 10k or under, I'm expecting the shipping to cost upwards of 6,000 - 7,500 $ USD to get it imported into the United States. So far I only know of mortar investment, but I'm barely seeing any reviews or customers with them. Is there any other sites that sell them for cheap? I'm not looking for a restored unit. I'm just looking for something that'll function properly.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'm looking for a site to buy a running BRDM 2 at a affordable price. I'm looking to get one for about 10k or under, I'm expecting the shipping to cost upwards of 6,000 - 7,500 $ USD to get it imported into the United States. So far I only know of mortar investment, but I'm barely seeing any reviews or customers with them. Is there any other sites that sell them for cheap? I'm not looking for a restored unit. I'm just looking for something that'll function properly.

Hummer Guy

Have you ever bought from them before or know anyone with experience with them?

Hummer Guy

nope

I just contacted them earlier today, they want 30,000$ for one BRDM 2 and that's not including shipping. Do you know any other sites that sell them, but for reasonable? Not looking for a restored model, just something that fully function properly.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial

Augdog1964

Talk with @Augdog1964. He is the tank and apc guy around here.

DO NOT BUY from Russian Military Trucks in the UK... he swindled me out of $50k and two vehicles.
Mortar Investments ok, been there to see them. Its more a hobby business for them though...
STV group is good to go, bought my T-72M1 from them.
If you can find one personally owned in the UK, that is your best bet.

Your expected dollar amount is very challenging outside of a non-moving hulk needing full restore.

Best to save more and buy a better example.

Hummer Guy

DO NOT BUY from Russian Military Trucks in the UK... he swindled me out of $50k and two vehicles.
Mortar Investments ok, been there to see them. Its more a hobby business for them though...

Your expected dollar amount is very challenging outside of a non-moving hulk needing full restore.

Alright thanks for the info, I'm going to contact STV group and try to get a quote on one. What's the expected price to pay for a functioning BRDM 2 that's not all that great cosmetically? Also, what is the average importation price to get it from UK to the US? The quote I got from mortar investment was 6000€ for importation and 9000€ for a running BRDM 2, this was the anti tank version, I'm looking for the normal version. Here's some photos attached to the one I got a quote for.

Attachments

Augdog1964

Honestly, I've never moved anything that light... so I don't know exactly. Of course, it depends on the country, try to avoid moving through Germany to a German port at all costs. They have NO sense of humor for armored vehicles. They almost seized my T-72M1 as it was waiting on the ship, and threatened to cut holes in it.

Be SURE it is thoroughly cleaned of ALL dirt, or you will pay dearly as well. Also, make sure you have an approved Form 6 and a customs broker lined up in the USA.

You might also try Toys of Boys... while I haven't bought from them, I have talked to them and may be buying from them soon.

Robin33ba07

Honestly, I've never moved anything that light... so I don't know exactly. Of course, it depends on the country, try to avoid moving through Germany to a German port at all costs. They have NO sense of humor for armored vehicles. They almost seized my T-72M1 as it was waiting on the ship, and threatened to cut holes in it.

Be SURE it is thoroughly cleaned of ALL dirt, or you will pay dearly as well. Also, make sure you have an approved Form 6 and a customs broker lined up in the USA.

You might also try Toys of Boys... while I haven't bought from them, I have talked to them and may be buying from them soon.
https://www.armyburza.cz/inzerat/prodam-brdm2-1 this is for sale in Czech www.armyburza.cz expensive even by Check prices €26000 odd ?

teletech

Armor prices, particularly soviet armor prices, went up a lot in the last half-dozen years.
A runner could save you as much in shipping and customs as the extra cost to buy a runner. Otherwise each time the folks in customs, BATFE, etc. want it moved you are paying the longshore rates to do all the work and it really adds up fast. If you get a runner and it can ship RORO, it might not be that bad.
You might still be able to squeak out for $20K delivered, but that's just a guess. Expect it to cost about 1.5X what you thought it was going to cost at the time you initiate the first currency transfer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks