• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

buying a deuce

lucasbrackins

im looking at a M35a2 in Kentucky he is asking 1500 it doesn't run
he does have a sf97 but I don't wana buy anything without a "title" bad experiences with that he says he can get a title but it will cost more its a real clean truck hardly any rust and was previously owned by the fire department
is it worth it and can I get a title for the sf97 I live in Tennessee.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
im looking at a M35a2 in Kentucky he is asking 1500 it doesn't run
he does have a sf97 but I don't wana buy anything without a "title" bad experiences with that he says he can get a title but it will cost more its a real clean truck hardly any rust and was previously owned by the fire department
is it worth it and can I get a title for the sf97 I live in Tennessee.
Only is the SF-97 is in your name .

gungearz

$1500 is a good price... have him turn the sf97 in to get the title... even if it costs you a couple of bucks... we are here and will always be here to assist you on getting that truck up to par..... and welcome to steel soldiers... looking forward to hearing more about this...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
He will have to take the SF-97 to the DMV and get a title issued in his name. He can then sign it over to you and also give you a Bill of Sale. You take that title to the DMV and get a title in your name.

I would offer to pay for that since the price he is asking is pretty reasonable if it is a good runner and doesn't have any hidden issues.

lucasbrackins

It DOESN'T run he said that it isn't getting fuel to the injectors but it sat for a year before he bought it as a non runner. And he is getting a title. Costing me $75 more so not complaining there. No it is white with no bed which doesn't bother me ill be using it as a "toy hauler"

iatractor

Ok, since there is no such thing as a sarcasm font you are warned-the following statements are done with sarcasm. DON'T DO IT!!! This hobby is way too addictive. You will not be able to stop at just one mv. Everytime you see o.d. green or desert tan vehicles, you will find yourself trying to figure out who owns them, and want one like theirs. There is an upside, the only real side effect is that your wallet wallet weighs less. All joking aside, welcome to the therapy room where we cope with our addiction.

welldigger

No title no deal. Since it is a non-runner and it doesn't have a bed I'm tempted to say pass on this truck. No fuel to the injectors can mean anything from a bad in tank fuel pump to having a bad injector pump. Which means the fix can get expensive. However, his asking price is pretty fair if he comes up with a title.

Good luck and if you do purchase this truck we will be more than happy to help you get it up and going again.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question is this scrap price and if he was to buy could he not sell parts and make more than the 1500 the front axel should be worth close to half of asking price

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The days of the $1000 runniing deuce are gone , $ 1500 is just a little over scrap price . Can get your money back parting it out if worst comes to worst , but be prepared to double your purchess price to get it running and driving.

lucasbrackins

he said it was running when the fire department took it to auction but it sat a year before auction and wouldn't start for the auction ive done some reading and im hoping the hydraulic head is stuck or fuel pump not running I did notice the switch for the lights is missing

lucasbrackins

he said it was running when the fire department took it to auction but it sat a year before auction and wouldn't start for the auction ive done some reading and im hoping the hydraulic head is stuck or fuel pump not running I did notice the switch for the lights is missing he also said it was a M35A2C??

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks to be a air force truck and pretty solid , the M35A2C was a dropside bed . It looks like a good project but be prepared to spend some money . After getting it running your going to need to do a full brake inspection sitting for long periods is hard on the brake system . Look good at the wiring fire departments do alot chopping .

Edit ; what year is it ?

Nationwide 63s

LOL! You definitely could buy it, part it out and buy TWO running trucks! I'd say it was a good deal if you already planned to spend a few grand to get it into beast mode. For a toy hauler you definitely would want to go through the brakes. Even after you paid for parts, freight/shipping on parts, labor on injector pump rebuilds, lube, etc. you would still be under the cost of a 3500 diesel with 100k on it.........at least that's the lie I told myself! ��

if you do buy it and part it out, let me know! I can get there in January and make you a few bucks!

Welcome to the asylum!