• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying my first Deuce

TheMercinary60

as of late ive been giving some serious thought to purchasing one of these fine vehicles since it barley gets worse mileage then my currant vehicle and if i get the ambition to learn to use waste oil then theres plenty of farmers i know that would give it away. but onto why im here, im wondering what i should look at when i go to actually purchase and given the average condition etc. what could i expect to reasonably pay. i see my town bought one here recently and is using it to water down streets, i may have to do some talking and see if they wont part with it

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMercinary60

literally when i pushed post i realized my mistake and ive never had luck trying to edit posts. unfourtunatly spelling has never been my forte and google chrome can only help me so much

Tlauden

Re: Buying my first Duce

Plus WE cant edit the tittle, a mod will have to do it...

ANYWAY, Welcome to the site, tons of good info here and if you wanna learn about the motor oil as fuel head on over to the Alt Fuels section and start reading. Good luck searching for a truck, there are tons out there. All kinds kf price ranges too.

pyro1955

Welcome to the green addiction! You will also want to figure out what kind of options you want on your truck. There are many flavors of the Deuce, with Winch, without Winch, Cab Heater, Cold Start Package etc... Best place to start is the Technical Manuals that are available here, read them all, then in about 2 months when you are done reading you will be ready... Seriously, the TM's are your friend, and unfortunately they do take awhile to read, and you will have to re-read them several times. I used the inspection checklist when I was shopping for a truck, it helped alot. Also, if you find one and want help, post us pictures and info, we will all try to help you.

jeeplvr247

Don't jump on the first one that pops up for sale around you. Take your time and figure out what you want than be patient in finding the right deal. If you wait long enough you will find a good deal on a solid truck. Make yourself familiar with the classifieds on this site and your local Craigslist to get an idea of what the trucks in your area are running for. Also remember that 500 miles away seems a lot further when you are driving back at 50mph.

MT4222

Dont by a truck with a sprag transfer case. It will cost a lot more in the long run to convert it to an air engage transfer case.

pyro1955

I see a nice one currently for sale in the classifieds here, it appears to be priced very reasonable since it has a winch on it, though it woudl be a bit of a trip for you since it's in Indiana. Lots of options, and they are a great truck. I would also agree that you want one with the Air Shift Transfer case.

ryan77

literally when i pushed post i realized my mistake and ive never had luck trying to edit posts. unfourtunatly spelling has never been my forte and google chrome can only help me so much
I was just messing with you!! Welcome you can a great deuce for 4-6 grand! Tons of info on here and leads on parts!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks