• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying my first vehicle

shamilton333

well guys im pretty new to this site. i've been looking at a lot of vehicles for a while now, and i love diesel engines. im looking at buying a m1009 blazer from a guy in chantilly VA...

is there anything that i should pay special attention to while inspecting it? i know that all the rubber parts will need replacing if this guy hasn't done it already (belts, hoses, you know what im talking about). he's done the fluids already. i also have heard of the infamous rust spots: rockers, wheel wells, rear, etc.

any and all advice is greatly appreciated. i dont have a whole lot of money to throw around, and i would like to do everything right that i can, and make sure i get my money's worth out of this guy. i know these things are a quarter century old, so im obviously going to have expenses.

also, if im buying this in VA and taking it to MD, what kind of stuff will i have to do to register it either as a MD vehicle or a FL vehicle (we're registered residents of FL because the first duty station for my father was Pensicola, but currently reside in MD) will i have to pass an emissions test? im planning on using it as daily or weekend driver, so i cant register as a historic, right?

i know im asking alot of questions here, but i appreciate your patience.

thank you all for your time and assistance!
-steve

Chevytruck

Welcome to the site!

you might want to check this...

the starter relay seems to stick (Doghead got around that)

Good luck! :-D

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks