• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying my first vehicle

shamilton333

well guys im pretty new to this site. i've been looking at a lot of vehicles for a while now, and i love diesel engines. im looking at buying a m1009 blazer from a guy in chantilly VA...

is there anything that i should pay special attention to while inspecting it? i know that all the rubber parts will need replacing if this guy hasn't done it already (belts, hoses, you know what im talking about). he's done the fluids already. i also have heard of the infamous rust spots: rockers, wheel wells, rear, etc.

any and all advice is greatly appreciated. i dont have a whole lot of money to throw around, and i would like to do everything right that i can, and make sure i get my money's worth out of this guy. i know these things are a quarter century old, so im obviously going to have expenses.

also, if im buying this in VA and taking it to MD, what kind of stuff will i have to do to register it either as a MD vehicle or a FL vehicle (we're registered residents of FL because the first duty station for my father was Pensicola, but currently reside in MD) will i have to pass an emissions test? im planning on using it as daily or weekend driver, so i cant register as a historic, right?

i know im asking alot of questions here, but i appreciate your patience.

thank you all for your time and assistance!
-steve

Chevytruck

Welcome to the site!

you might want to check this...

the starter relay seems to stick (Doghead got around that)

Good luck! :-D

Last edited: