• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying Specific Deuce RV

X-Army

I think I might have found the ideal deuce RV (below) for my needs but am concerned with the rear fixed axle, which I think has no differential and want to ask the knowledgeable people here about that. I am worried it will cost me a huge amount to replace tires all the time if I were to be using the deuce as my daily on the streets as opposed to off road.

Here's the deuce i'm looking at. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/altadena-deuce-and-half-motorhome-rv/7433088702.html

I am nervous as h*** to drop 5 g's on a deuce RV but this one looks really pretty good. What are your thoughts deucefans?

Jim

DaneGer21

If it was truly driven across the country I’d ask what maintenance has been done recently. It may need a lot.

Also, not a bad price, but I’d certainly ask for A LOT more pictures; one isn’t gonna do it for me.

I’d assume it has a good title.

Tires are definitely costly, plan on $2k for worst case.

fleetmech

if nothing else, Im curious what freightliner parts he used to do a dual circuit brake conversion.

For that price, if thats the type of rig your looking for, it looks decent to me. As long as the quality of work is decent and the paperwork is good, its just like any other used vehicle purchase. Motorhome type vehicles need a lot of maintenance on the coach as well as the chassis, since things like plumbing and appliances, even if built for over the road use, get banged around a lot.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn’t be afraid of the truck for that price, if the title is all legit. The seller on the other hand, good luck? Sounds like he will be taking bids, or picking out of hundreds of inquiries on who writes the best love letter, begging him to choose them.

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like a lot of truck for the price. Drive it before you buy it, for sure. Daily driving a deuce of any sort will get expensive maintenance-wise in a hurry. It can be done, though. Good luck!

Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks