• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bypassed the fdc, temp too high?

Billy Bobbed

Went out today and turned the screw another round.I got the EGTs up to 1300 and boosted 14lbs at 1900 rpms,didnt want to go past 1300 EGT.It was very windy today really couldnt see any differance in more smoke.I'll hit the hill tomorrow comming home from work see what it does then.How far will the screw go does it bottom out,I guess well find out some day.:driver:

rlwm211

I have the LDS and D turbo. I bypassed the FDC due to the engine "making oil" otherwise known as fuel getting past the FDC plunger and getting into the base.

Following the FDC bypass, I had an instant increase in power and actually a reduction in smoke for the most part. I think the reduction in smoke could be due to the pressure in the IP being constant instead of fluctuating due to the faulty FDC. I also suspect the added power pulls me out of the lower RPMs quicker and clears up the stack. I also found I am no where near the floor cruising down the highway like I was before. Fuel consumtion seems to be better in terms of MPG but I have not had a long trip to verify this. I run with an S280 Shelter all the time so I am fighting a lot of wind resistance and hauling a considerable amount of weight as well.

My head gaskets are tight as far as compression goes, but are weeping oil as the older gaskets tend to do. JATONKA suggested we use my truck as a test bed to determine the temperature drop from before and after turbo so when we do headgaskets we are installing two Pyros, one in the mainifold and one in the turbo outlet.

I will be sure to post the results of the "experiment" when it is done.

RL

wcolt45

Ok,after a lond day installing my boost gauge (due to the stubborn plug in the intake) im now ready to adjust the droop,1600 and 2200? in what gear works best?seems like a violent test! I understand the main fuel,but the droop,not so much, so when i test say boost is reading 8-9 psi i need to turn the droop clockwise to adjust boost down?clockwise to decrease boost=counter-clockwise to increase?