• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C-47 & DC-3 Gathering

50shooter

For all you DC-3 / C-47 fans, Rockfalls IL at the Whitside County (SQI) airport 7/23 -7/26/10 there will be the largest gathering of these planes in recent history, some say since WWII. They will be on display and flying through the weekend and then assembling for a 40+ bird fly over in formation on 7/26/10 prior to some of them heading to EAA in Oshkosh.

Bill W

For all you DC-3 / C-47 fans, Rockfalls IL at the Whitside County (SQI) airport 7/23 -7/26/10 there will be the largest gathering of these planes in recent history, some say since WWII. They will be on display and flying through the weekend and then assembling for a 40+ bird fly over in formation on 7/26/10 prior to some of them heading to EAA in Oshkosh.
Boy
Wouldn't that be a rare site to see

50shooter

The C 47 I work on out of Paso Robles CA will be there
Are you and A&P? I love the C 47 / DC-3 must be cool getting to work on them. I had the chance to fly in a B17 a few years ago and it was well worth the money. I may go in one this w/e if someone is looking for donations.

More info on the event. It will be the largest gathering since the prep for D-Day. Most of them will be going to EAA for their 75th anniversary.