• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C.A.R.C. Cost and Supply:

halftrack

I always found the Gillespie carc substitute matches the real carc color perfectly. I do exactly that and turn the pressure up in the gun and stand further back. Real carc sucks as far as preventing corrosion.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always found the Gillespie carc substitute matches the real carc color perfectly. I do exactly that and turn the pressure up in the gun and stand further back. Real carc sucks as far as preventing corrosion.
I've had good luck with matching also. I've done some touch up on my deuce with Gillespie and from a few feet away you can't tell where I've painted. You also have to consider that the CARC on the truck is surely faded some.

tonidial

I believe NONOTAGAIN and the others have converted me away from the CARC lust... that and the price.

Incidentally, I stopped by my local SW store (about 3 wks ago) and they said it was verboten in Illinois to sell the CARC because of some new (jan 09) stricter air quality such and such. He also said that the stores in MO were supposedly "carding" buyers to make sure they weren't from Illinois. Not to be out done - I heard the MO legisltaure inadvertently banned tupperware instead of styrofoam collers, but at least they can have CARC :roll:

deuceman51

I have a few gal left in stock and then i'm completely out. One SS member has spoken for some of it, but if he doesn't take all of it, PM me and i'll let you know. The new stuff I was told is going to be more than $110 per gallon because of the research money they are trying to recoup. And yes, they are starting to limit people who can buy it.

Chinookpilot77

anyone have any idea what color carc they use on US army helos? Its an extremely dark shade of green, definitely not 383, but still light enough that black shows up nicely....anyone? Thats going to be the color of my deuce!

raiburn

I dont think you guys should be painting these anyway. My M1028 is crusty, rusty, crappy, and crunchy, and thats what is cool about it. You can take any truck and put CARC on it. Why not just take a sorry half-ton 2 wheel drive pick-up, and put your CARC on it? (check the link) Thats whats cool, the paint, not the truck, right? When people sarcastically ask me about which hillbilly painted my truck camo, I tell them "you did with your tax dollars" and, "You missed a spot". G.M. and the U.S. Government are the only ones to put paint on my truck.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2WD-...c6QQitemZ120468049606QQptZMilitaryQ5fVehicles

Last edited: