• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C turbo rebuild kit source

goodguyzy

Can not find a source for a rebuild kit. I would like to rebuild this myself as I do not want to send it off never to be seen again. thanks

poppop

If you have a diesel injection pump shop in your area they often rebuild turbos also. They may can help. We rebuilt the turbo on one of our farm tractors and it still workd fine. The John Deere mechanics could not beleive we did it and it worked much less held up.

98taco3

Nothing wrong with rebuilding your own turbo if its done correctly. Shaft polished and the bearings/oil seals installed correctly. Might be able to take it apart and mic everything out to find parts if a kit is not available.

powerhouseduece

Nothing wrong with rebuilding your own turbo if its done correctly. Shaft polished and the bearings/oil seals installed correctly. Might be able to take it apart and mic everything out to find parts if a kit is not available.

Don't forget they should be balanced too, it is spinning 30k+ rpm

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe Jwaller on SS does it, there is a 2nd too (just don't remember who).

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget they should be balanced too, it is spinning 30k+ rpm
The individual components that need balancing are when they are made. As long as the wheels haven't contacted the housings or no debris has gone through it, they are balanced. You can even mix parts from 1 to another turbo and it'll be OK.
I have the p/n of the kit at work, but I'm on vacation.
Get with theses guys, you'll need to give them the numbers off the tag on the compressor housing.

Custom Turbo Rebuilding, Inc.

davey8943

Subscribed!

The blue smoke on deceleration tells me I am in the market for some new seals.

WSCougarX, don't forget to post back if it is the right kit and how it works out for you!

Thanks,
Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks