• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C turbo vs D turbo

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a guess but I would say your "D" trucks have the fuel turned down. I would try turning up the fuel to see if that makes a diffrence. The "D" turbo design should be able to handle more fuel than a "C". Do any of the trucks have the FDC bypassed? This might make them start better in colder weather.
x2 on this idea, and I will add that it would be best to install a pyrometer gauge first, with the thermocouple positioned pre-turbo.

Base line your current fuel setting temps, then watch temps as you add fuel in increments.

I'll bet adding fuel will waken the beast within! And aid cold starting.

Rick

My compensator hasn't been bypassed. I read somewhere that if it is that a yellow decal or sticker is attached to one of the fuel filters. Could be the one under the generator but I am not sure. It was a couple of years ago. I believe It was on another website or possibly a magazine article. Don,t quote me as I might be wrong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks