• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CA or bust!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well this morning we are off. Leaving Rockmart headed to Tracy City, TN to see if we can find what happened to the stuff Ottocraft had. Then west to Limon, CO to meet up with MACCUS and swap a bunch of parts and a couple of guns. After that headed to Palmdale, CA. Got to pick up a bunch of stuff there and plan on visiting Antelope Valley Truck Parts and Barstow Truck Parts. From there to Tucson and a long stop at Jack's Govt Surplus. Next is Red River (Texarcana) followed with the long remaining drive to GA. Should be an interesting trip, hopefully we have enough room for "stuff". Pics to follow.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Godspeed Jim! Curious to know where everything is in Tracy City myself. Haven't heard anything about Sam Werner or Otto Bailey for quite some time. Be safe, tell Gene I said Hi!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me know about Tracy City. I've been planning to take a trip there for some time but haven't made it yet.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'd be real careful of what kind of guns to took into the "fruit and nut state".
They have some idiotic gun laws out there.
ditto to what Wreck said, pretty much any semiauto centerfire rifle with military features: detachable mag, flash supressor, bayonet mount. . .etc is illegal unless previously registered with the attorney generals office. I had to register my M-1A, AR-15 when I lived in San Diego a few years back.

Have a safe trip!, if you drive I-10 heading back to Ga. you'll go right past me!

Ed

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a safe trip! Got a trip rout planned yet? If you come out toward the 15/210 area, give me a shout.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I wish you the best Jim...hope Murphy stays at WM's place.
Better watch that ole feller named Maccus...I hear he used to hunt bear with a switch!!:roll:

2Deuces wild

Just put a " Go Green" sticker on the back of your truck and the Nut jobs here will think your one of them:-D P.S I have no trouble with my neighbor's

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are currently 300 miles east of Vegas. Going to Palmdale for about a week then through Tucson and back through Dallas. Have several pictures but have to wait to upload at palmdale. I found out Sam Werner hasn't been in the best of health but still has the place in Tracy City. I didn't stop (no one there), but he still has tons of WW2 parts and alot of M422's and parts. Went to Ottocraft's. Gate was closed so I took pics through the fence. Most vehicles were gone. Saw a NOS M275A2 fuel tank on the otherside of the gate along with several all-terrain forklifts, a M416 trailer and alot of Hummer parts laying around. I pulled away just as someone pulled in, so I turned around. Was Otto's son. Turns out Otto passed last year and his son is liquidating the stuff for his mother. They scrapped alot last year including the M275 that was there. The biggest stuff that's still there is the forklifts (8K), a hawk loader (6K), the 416 trailer (800$), hummer shelter slide in's (1k ea), and the entire Hummer inventory excluding the slide ins for (8k). Keep in mind he had probably 2 semi loads of hummer parts. Got 2 NOS M275A2 tanks that MACCUS currently has. Our parts swap went well, my truck is definately happy that 5 ton winch is gone. Will update with more pics and info when we get to Palmdale.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Left Vegas and headed to Barstow truck parts. Was there 3 years ago, but now it seems like they had alot less military stuff. Everything I asked for they didn't have, so we never even went into the yard. Got to Palmdale yesterday around noon and loaded the trailer with Wendi's stuff. Good news is the truck is empty so my shopping will continue. Today we went to Antelope Valley Equipment. I was there 3 years ago, and it is still one of my favorite shopping places. Was allowed to go in back and dig through the shelves, Got the priming pump for a REO and a NOS air filter/canister. They even priced matched (saved $70), Tomorrow morning I am going back to the other yard to see what is there. They have been having break ins at that yard and are trying to move it quickly or scrap it as thieves are getting alot of it. They stole 2 rebuilt multis in the cans and 7-5 ton new axle assemblys last week using a stolen forklift! Primarily looking for gasser exhaust tomorrow as they have 2 stacks of exhaust about 7-8 feet high all NOS. Well I will continue later as DUG will be here any minute to pick up the winch I brought from GA.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy F'ing cow. Yes we are still in Tucson and I did exactly what I did not want to do before we ever left GA. The truck is pretty full before we got here. I spent the morning looking (drooling) thru Jack's place. I can't even begin where to start. I took 72 pic's within minutes and can only show about 2/3 because I am coming back to get alot of stuff in the pic's. Jack and his son are great and true collectors. I will post some pics on the Jacks thread that is already up just to keep it simple but the rest will be up when we get to GA. Again Holy Cow!!!!:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More. Blurry don't know, Honey Bear, Forklifts and excavators, M416, HMMVx3 and Hawk missile loader.

Attachments

Last edited: