• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CA title

ikoinu

First off sorry you had your title revoked/ changed.
So just to be clear. You are the second owner.?
The first owner you bought the truck from bought the truck at the first auction and registered / and plated it for on highway use.
You transferred owner ship of said vehicle from his name to yours and two years later they came and revoked/ changed your registration paperwork to off highway use only ?

Well your the first that I've heard of that happening to.
Yes. He owns a car dealership as well.
Thank you. It is a blessing in disguise, assisting in decision making.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Yes. He owns a car dealership as well.
Thank you. It is a blessing in disguise, assisting in decision making.
Sorry for the up-set. Read into it that the whole of Calif was going to have CHP stopping / pulling HumV's over. Now know not to park illegally. We keep hearing stories and it seems like an ah crap moment. Again very sorry.

My bad, CAMO

ikoinu

Sorry for the up-set. Read into it that the whole of Calif was going to have CHP stopping / pulling HumV's over. Now know not to park illegally. We keep hearing stories and it seems like an ah crap moment. Again very sorry.

My bad, CAMO
Or legally.
It can be based off an officers bias, like anything else. Most like military vehicles, but obviously I got the prius driver. Luck of the draw.
I was perhaps a bit parabolic in my initial statement, due to my displeasure.

Thank you, no offense taken. I'm sure we'd hear more stories if it was common.

Action

First off sorry you had your title revoked/ changed.
So just to be clear. You are the second owner.?
The first owner you bought the truck from bought the truck at the first auction and registered / and plated it for on highway use.
You transferred owner ship of said vehicle from his name to yours and two years later they came and revoked/ changed your registration paperwork to off highway use only ?

Well your the first that I've heard of that happening to.
he may not know what the “first auction” means. Did the truck come from govplanet?

BLK HMMWV

he may not know what the “first auction” means. Did the truck come from govplanet?
Well I did say back in the 90's.

Lots of my questions went un answered but I probably know why.
I'm guessing it was a recent auction purchase.
I'd like to know if the car dealer guy sold it to him with plates or just a title.
If it was already plated and tagged and just changed owners that would piss me off.
I'd want my money back from the guy that sold it to me as a street legal vehicle at the very least.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a car dealership in SoCal that is/was under investigation for title fraud, I know of a person who’s “registration“ was blocked for renewal, but they can’t “revoke” your title per sey, but they can just refuse to issue new tags.
The owner spoke directly with the CHP officer who told him point blank, that they have a unit that looks for Calif titled trucks for sale on Craigslist and other sites for pics of California license plates, than run them out and suspend registration at time of renewal, the officer was quite gleeful in his efforts I’m told.
This is why I constantly tell folks to STFU about Calif title talk period…but even this site that normally never allowed it, now seems to let it slide.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There is a car dealership in SoCal that is/was under investigation for title fraud, I know of a person who’s “registration“ was blocked for renewal, but they can’t “revoke” your title per sey, but they can just refuse to issue new tags.
The owner spoke directly with the CHP officer who told him point blank, that they have a unit that looks for Calif titled trucks for sale on Craigslist and other sites for pics of California license plates, than run them out and suspend registration at time of renewal, the officer was quite gleeful in his efforts I’m told.
This is why I constantly tell folks to STFU about Calif title talk period…but even this site that normally never allowed it, now seems to let it slide.
Yeah, it seem difficult to imagine - but these police guys and gals - they use social media too. Seems to me that they are saving budget dollars driving a computer rather than a brand new Dodge Charger or a Durango! It is public information. No different than seeing you in your car going down the highway...

Dodge Charger.jpg Dodge Durango.jpg

Not that I am in favor of refusing to renew a license plate...

The guys with the bubble gum machine on top generally aren't the ones that would repo your plate either.

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you really think not talking about it would make the problem go away or that talking about it is what caused the problem to begin with???
I think they call that the Ostrich syndrome

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks