• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab Back Insulation

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to install some insulation and sound deadening material to the back of the cab behind the seat in my M1028. I considered applying some peel & stick such as DynaMat or FatMat, however it seems like something else should be applied over this such as carpet or something to hide the foil-look and give it a finished appearance. What are the options?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Westech

CPL
The peal and stick stuff works great!! I did the floor of my HSM1008 and what a difference.
I would install a under hood pad also!! That cut the inside noise by half at least!
Seeing how flat the back of the cab is I would just use some spray glue and bulk auto carpet to go over the foil.
Another thing you could go is use spray on bedliner to cover up the foil.
whole job should be cheap. Under 70$ I would guess.

cucvrus

My opinion. Line X entire floor and cab back. Then put carpet or rubber mat in over it your choice. But the area is sealed and will not rust from the inside anymore. I have done complete cabs from the firewall to the sill plate at back window. I had cab stripped out completely and did all the way up to the under side of dash. As far as it could go. No regrets. Cheap is usssually not the way to go. You ask for options. Good Luck.

dependable

I use a peal & stick, then cover with Lizzard skin. That adds more sound deadening and takes paint. I usually used Gillespe spray can in CARC green.

Pictures a little out of order, but first is all cleaned up with Chassis Saver or Por 15 on any rust.

Second is painted with product like Lizzard skin, dries to dark grey. Actual lizzard skin goes on grey and dries to black. Pictured product is very similar, but not available anymore. Lizzard skin is at least as good a product and have used that too, but have no pictures of it.

Third is finished truck, paint over the aluminum peal and stick and Lizzard Skin with a rubber mat from LMC truck parts. Good time to replace door seals also.

Fourth is coated with peal & stick product. The one I usually use is Raamat, is a lot like Dynamat.

Attachments

Last edited: