• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab Clearence Lights for 24v system.

wiersema07

Hey guys im wanting to hook up cab lights on the 24v system.. has anyone done this before. Can you use reg led cab lights. I hooked up train horns on mune and bought a 24 v solenoid and it junked out after first use. I hooked up the factory one which appears to be 12v and works perfect no issues what so ever. Im looking for some advice before i buy 5-8 cab lights and hook them up to a switch. And also looking to install multiple LED off road lights. Any pic or advice of someone else doing it would be great. My cell 3097217707 feel free to message me there too.
Thanks guys

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need omnivolt LEDs (10 to 32 volts usually), or 24 volt lights, two identical 12 volt lights in series, or a separate 12 volt power system. All of this has been discussed on several threads. There are several vendors in the for sale section selling stuff to make any of these options possible.

I have purchased omnivolt and 24 volt LED lights and have them on several trucks. One of my trucks has a separate 12 volt system including a second alternator, a battery, and fuse panels. Another of my trucks has a 24 volt to 12 volt converter on it. In my opinion, the omnivolt lights are the best way to go. Easy to wire up and able to be used on MVs or my civvy stuff.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You should probably state which model truck you are working on to get better answers.

Stock MV components are 24v, not 12v.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I hooked up the factory one which appears to be 12v and works perfect no issues what so ever.
This is why I said stock equipment is 24v.

I agree with finding led clearance lights. The stock military charging system is only 60amp, so adding a lot of light will tax it pretty good. LED doesn't pull a lot of amperage.

wiersema07

Im going to try reg led clarence lights bcse the only difference me and napa see if .04 from 12v light and .05amp 24v led light. Im not spending 4x amount just to get some with military in the name of it thats ridclous

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a quick guess...the 12V incandescent will smoke immediately. (O.K. not so much a guess as an I know) I believe someone was selling 24v incandescent clearance lights in the classifieds.

You can also get replacement 24v bulbs to replace the 12v bulbs in any incandescent fixture.

Bandit02

I put 3 light trio on my truck. They are Grote LED's and they face forward like the HMMVW do. I spliced power on the back of the light switch off the service circuit IIRC and grounded them at the lights themselves

I just recently settled on these 24V(omnivolt) trucklite LED cab clearance lights.....http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wc...10001&storeId=10001&productId=24206&langId=-1
with armored brackets to my put on my Frankencab. I just got the brackets painted and have not yet installed them and will post pics when I do.

Also, you could put this in the middle...http://www.easternmarine.com/model-35-3-light-23-amber-led-id-bar-35741y...and then a single on each end like they do on many of the Oshkosh HEMTT's

Not sure if you have a hard top, but they were the best thing out that looked like they would be OEM for the Frankencab and probably would for a regular hard top as well since they seem to be the only 24V forward facing cab light that is made specifically for a narrow rail design on the top face of Military truck cabs. They put them stock on the Oshkosh MTVR's and HEMTT's pictured below.

Oshkosh trucks.jpgOsh2.jpgOsh1.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see a cost on their web page. Any info you can share?
Well, I can tell you that 5 Brackets, 5 lights, and 5 pigtail connectors cost me $98 with shipping from http://www.pascaleservice.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=2&tabid=10 and they were one of the few dealers I could find online that could or would get me everything I needed.

I found them on Ebay and called them because they only had the lights listed on there and they were willing to get the brackets and connectors as well.

The lights were like 11.50$ a piece, brackets around 8$, and pigtail connectors 4$ a piece.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks