• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab corner rust

micmccon

I did try to search out threads before asking this, but didn't find anything,so here goes: Has anybody seen anybody post up replacing/ repairing rusted out cab corners on a deuce? Mine has rusted out the driver's rear corner and I was trying to figure out how I was going to fix it. I am not a body guy but am willing to learn and try it myself. That being said, I don't know how to fab up a pannel in that area due to the rounded corner,etc. Any pics or direction would be helpful. I'm just getting started in the MV hobby and I have a long list of stuff to do but will need to fix the rust spots and paint them eventually. I also have some heavy rust above the rear wheels under the bed that will need sorted out at some time but the cab concerns me more.

RealCavDog

The huge advantage you will have is the lack of compound curves, for the must part ! Gotta' love big trucks !

Just about any metal shop should be able to roll a few pieces for you to start and try, with as basic as a cardboard template of the curve. Of course I am just guessing to a certain extent without actually seeing your rusty area and its relation to seams and structure points !

Don't imagine it will be too complicated a project to start with ! Keep us all up to date on your progress, and good luck with it !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks