• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cab heater hook up

connectingbar

I am putting a M151 heater in my Deuce and after working under the dash to route the wiring and making a bracket for the unit, now its time to run the hoses. Wanting to do the job right the first time, what hose should be the inlet for the heater? The one from the waterpump or the manifold? I dont have a manual for this unit so I figured I'd ask you guys. Once this is done it's body work time and coolant hose change time.

Thanks

baxter

I just finished installing a heater in my deuce it has been very nice to have some heat. You want to run one hose from the plug on the WP just above the altinator it is a 3/4 plug to the heater core anthen from the core to the manifold I used the 5/8 hole next to the t-stat sending wire. If it wasnt snowing I'd take some pics. If you do a search you will find some pics of other installs.Good luck and enjoy the heat.

Vaughn

m109guy

Here is how mine is connected before someone else tells you to do a search. I know it is not an m151 heater, but it will at least give you an idea where it is connected ;)

Last edited:

connectingbar

Thanks,

I was looking at a coolant cab heater on a crane and I was thinking the inlet to the heater came from the waterpump. I will also put a can type engine heater on the line as well.

I would get some pics of my project but my daughter still has my camera.

Also, should I install cut offs on both lines for summer or would just one do since the coolant heater has a anti flowback check?

m109guy

It wouldn't hurt to install two of them. You will be working on doing all the connections anyway, so why not.

Boatcarpenter

It doesn't hurt to put one on each line. If the heater or one of the hoses starts leaking, you are able to isolate the whole system right at the engine and only lose the coolant in the heater loop.
BC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks