• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab heater source

Sumoman

Whats that burning smell?

I have a wood stove that heats the whole house at 55,000 btu, what the heck would you need 30,000 btu for the cab of a truck 4? 1st deuce and have yet to drive it, so tell me all do they leak that much?

MrFilson

When I was a kid working in my father's const. company we had a crack head working that had a converter and a toaster oven hooked up in his POS. He would control the heat with the door, until it fell off. He got in a wreck and his elbow slipped into the oven (one in a billion shot). He had major 3rd degree burns from the mid of forearm to his shoulder. His new nickname was TOASTY. When my father told the crew they didnt know it was OK to laugh until he busted up in tears laughing.

P.S. I think he stayed clean after he got out of the hospital.

Last edited:

BEASTMASTER

tell you what, i got 3- 20k btu heaters in my buggie and it still tuff to keep the windows defrosted. even got two of those windshield fans and the grill cover on the front.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have a fuel heater. When I picked it up from GL I wondered why the glove compartment gasket was melted away. Well when I got home and got the heater fired up i found the culprit that melted the gasket. The heater!! Last month when it was 6 degrees out I had got so hot inside the cab that I had to shut down the heater in fear of melting the windshield gaskets. I have never had this heater on high, I am afraid of a pre-mature in-cab cremation. These heaters work.

Crazyguyla

i believe the fuel heaters were designed to use in sub zero/arctic conditions. I had a deuce in Korea with a hot water heater that would set the toes on fire. The under dash duct was missing, and all the hot air went straight to the drivers legs. After 10 min, the driver's window was down to keep the cab bearably warm.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris,
I have the 1st one listed ( 24 Volt Cab Heater 12,500 BTU SM-5000xx
) in my deuce.
Once I got all the air leaks sealed, especially the canvas top to the back wall, the 12,500 BTU does just fine for me. Boyce Equipment in UT sold me mine.
Tony

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks