• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab Removal

Barrman

I will need to remove my cab to replace it or fix it right. What is the best way to pull it?

Bed first, steering wheel off, shifters out and slide the cab out the steering column

or

Remove steering column, remove bed, disconnect t-case shifter and lift straight up.

or

????

Thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can also unbolt the steering box assy from the frame. This will allow you some extra movement when pulling the cab.

maxim

Funny this should come up. today I was attempting to remove the steering wheel off an M-37 for the same reason. The do the cab the right way. It would not come off. Actually cracked the wheel shaft nut with the puller. So after about 2 minutes of reviewing the situation, there are 3 bolts holding on the steering box. A bit of impact to it and out comes the whole assembly. Proabably better off, as now I can examine the steering box and clean it up good and proper while I have it off.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remove the steering wheel and unbolt the box from the frame. You don't have to mess with the transfer case shifter just remove the floor panel bolts. Its really simple. If you don't want to remove the steering box you can undo the bed and slide it back a couple feet to get the cab off the column.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks