• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab Rienforcement Kit Question

cruzinz28

I have installed the cab reinforcement plate with the supplied rivets. According to the directions there is an 1/8 thick plate you are to weld on the passenger side top plate of the cab. Also it shows a metal peice to run the length of the top plate where the har tops sets.

Does anyone know if these plates are neccessary? I will only be displaying my replica M2 and never fire a live weapon from the mount. I did not have the plate in the kit that runs the length of the top cab sill below the hardtop. The box was factory sealed when I got it. My thoughts were that plate might just be for soft top models.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Jesse

wsucougarx

Hi Jesse, all my soft tops come with the said plate bolted down. My hardtops never came with the plate. Is the plate necessary? It couldn't hurt. I probably would put one in just for the extra reinforcement. You've got alot of weight up there.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks