• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cablr Question

Akicita

I can hardly move the handles of the throttle, heater and defroster cables on the Deuce I picked up yesterday. I don't see any major kinks in any of these cables, and they don't seem to be pinched anywhere. I followed each cable as far as I could to make sure. Any ideas what I should try next ? I can't pull them out more than about 1/4 inch right now.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spray them from one end to the other with some lube(WD40) or what ever you like. Let it soak into the spiral wound cable housings. They should free up easy.

FormerNewMVGuy

You do know ,they are twist locks right?

Or maybe they are froze up, but i wouldnt think all of them were.....

try turning them a quarter turn and then pull.

41cl8m5

wd-40 is not a lubricant, but will work to loosen things up. the "wd" stands for water displacement and "40" is the 40th attempt. you will still need to use an actual lube afterwards to keep things loose.

Akicita

New MV guy, yes, I turned them several times trying different positions.

Doghead, I tried WD40 tonight. The heater cable is now working. I still have the same problem with the defroster and throttle cables. I want o wait until tomorrow and give it come time.

41, what do you use on your's ?

I appreciate all your advice.

41cl8m5

Tennessee Colonel is right. turbine oil will work to keep the cable lubed up. You can also use a light oil like for air tools that will also work. if you can't find either you can mix wd-40 with regular oil and use that to but that will be harder to funnel into the cable.