• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

caging bolts

jesusgatos

My brother and I are heading down to Barstow on Monday to go pick up some hightop M923A2's, and wanted to pick up some extra caging bolts in case we need them. Had to install them on one truck previously, and it was way more difficult than it should have been. Paint on the threads made it so that the caging bolts just spun and cracked the ears off the aluminum housings. Had to use vise-grips to hold them and that didn't work too well either. Don't have a truck here to look at or take measurements from, and the guys at the parts store are telling me there are a few different types/sizes of caging bolts. Can anyone please tell me which ones we need? Thanks.

Julian

I went to a truck parts shop and asked for the most common size of caging bolt for on-road tractors and what I got was the correct item. NAPA has them, and certainly some of their stores will stock them. I don't have any numbers for what I got, but I do know it was not the largest size available.

JH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks