• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Caiman MRAP guidance on activating all the chassis systems.

ahmedbilal92

We got the chassis of MRAP caiman 6x6. We are trying to activate all the systems to make the chassis running. it has cat c9 and cx28 transmission.
At the moment we are stuck in the following issues:

transmission does not shifts from 1st gear to 2nd or higher gears. Only reverse and 1st gear is engaging. Please guide for possible troubleshooting.

Transmission oil cooling system: all the auxiliary fans are connected to a single relay and only one single wire is used to control them. Please guide where in transmission or engine that wire goes to get controlled when transmission oil gets very hot and theres a need for aux cooling system to get activated

CTIS control module missing
ABS control module activation

Looking forward

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another Cat transmission creation that did not take off like the 7155. Caterpillar service will need to plug in the Cat ET in order to tell you which fault is inhibiting shift. CTIS controller should be the same as FMTV, except you want one with a black case that is flashed for higher pressure. Have your rear brakes started dragging yet?

ahmedbilal92

@country

Thankyou for your prompt reply and offer. Our team will contact you for further details. Meanwhile we are performing basic troubleshooting regarding transmission shifting.

ahmedbilal92

We couldnt perform the abs test because the transmission is not shifting gears past 1st gear. But normal breaks are working fine. The electric connections of the ABS ECU is untouched and before powering it up we are finding manuals which might help in getting the pin diagram and control of the ECU.

Second: All the CAT ET versions work for the diagnostics of transmission and engines? or they have different modules for each. Shall we buy the CAT ET available on ebay? Please suggest

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you find manuals or information on any of the Caiman 2 systems please upload to the site. My understanding is these were never delivered to DOD and no manuals were made available either paper or ETM.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be incorrect. There is an operators manual and two service/parts TM's. I can provide the numbers if you want, but good luck finding them.
For the Caiman II with the independent suspension? We have looked everywhere for these ETMs.

Shark Bait

If I remember correctly from what I understand, BAE had them in a particular mode for manufacturing that only allows first and reverse gears. I thought a Cat technician could connect and "unlock" the mode for regular operation. Again, I am trying to go from memory from a long time ago and I'm getting old and senile.

ahmedbilal92

If I remember correctly from what I understand, BAE had them in a particular mode for manufacturing that only allows first and reverse gears. I thought a Cat technician could connect and "unlock" the mode for regular operation. Again, I am trying to go from memory from a long time ago and I'm getting old and senile.
Can you please guide more regarding that restricted mode set by BAE systems? and how can this be fixed? CAT ET? can you please help me find the right package for CAT ET with adapter and software installed Laptop, I will quickly order it.

Shark Bait

I can not. I'm going by memory of a two year old conversation in which I were going to acquire some. In that conversation I was given that information about a Cat tech. Have you had a conversation with Caterpillar yet?

Dave

snowtrac nome

you will spend a couple hundred bucks with cat but that would be my suggestion as its about 1500 bucks to get set up with e-t for a year and than subscription renewals after that. unless you use it a lot its best just to pay cat

ahmedbilal92

I can not. I'm going by memory of a two year old conversation in which I were going to acquire some. In that conversation I was given that information about a Cat tech. Have you had a conversation with Caterpillar yet?

Dave
I believe its the QUICK FIRST GEAR LIMIT programmed? I am trying to do this by hard wiring to disable it. Lets see if that works out. We did call the CAT team and they said it is the chassis that has to be fixed properly :/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks