• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CAIMAN MRAP LED HEADLAMP UPGRADE ISSUE

Spidermok

My agency acquired a CAIMAN MRAP and it had the standard very dim halogen headlamps. I am having a hard time finding LED headlamps that will work. I have ordered a set suggested from a forum in this group and the following repeatable issue. I can have one led and one halogen lamp installed. The led lamp will only work on low beam only. When I install (2) two led lamps, the green headlamp indicator illuminates and none of the led lamps work.

Anyone have a work around to upgrade the CAIMAN MRAP halogen lamps?

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LED headlamps can be tricky as the +/- has to be put on correctly or they will not function properly. I would use a voltmeter to identify the +/- leads. Don't assume the military numbers are correctly labeled. When I changed to LED on my M1078 I had some issues just like you describe. I was relying on the numbers in the headlamp bucket to be correct. Once I got the meter out and identified the correct leads, they worked fine. One of my headlights had the numbers marked on the wrong wires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks