• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Caiman MRAP wheels on a LMTV

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
I have heard / read that the Caiman MRAP aluminum wheels will work on a LMTV. I am skeptical since the LMTV is lug centric and the MRAP is hub centric. Has anyone successfully done this?

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The CTIS requires some modification
No "modification" required. You just call Hutchinson and buy the 4 special lug nuts for it. And you need the different lug nuts they require in general for all the rest.

INFChief

That is the number for the Cage code for Hutchinson as a vendor
Yeah. I didn’t really intend to snap a shot of the CAGE code, I just wanted to show some of the rim and the air valve hoping someone could ID it off of that. I’ll take a better picture later.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is not about weight, it is about balancing. All the steel wheels I have seen have about 3/8" runout on the inside flange. Impossible to balance.
My steel rim 2008 vintage Goodyears rounded out nicely after daily driving for 6 months and I don't have any balancing issues. I think the subject of balancing is largely a case of these vehicles not being driven enough to have round tires. That's just my experience though. It took a LONG time - probably in the neighborhood of 5,000 miles - for my tires to round out and stop galloping.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yeah. I didn’t really intend to snap a shot of the CAGE code, I just wanted to show some of the rim and the air valve hoping someone could ID it off of that. I’ll take a better picture later.
Wheel is from a Husky TSV more than likely. A few have those bolt styles.

They are 335mm hub pilot so useless unless you have a HET, MTVR, PLS, or MRAP

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
My steel rim 2008 vintage Goodyears rounded out nicely after daily driving for 6 months and I don't have any balancing issues. I think the subject of balancing is largely a case of these vehicles not being driven enough to have round tires. That's just my experience though. It took a LONG time - probably in the neighborhood of 5,000 miles - for my tires to round out and stop galloping.
Has nothing to do with tires, the wheels have 3/8" runout!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks