• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Caiman MTV

Boswalt, sent you PM and email on the camera system. Looks like a nice 110 project. My two MV's are pictured in my avatar. Stay safe.

srodocker

Welcome aboard boswalt! You should try and make it to our july rally with your 110 if its done by then if not just drive a civi vehicle down. Where in wa are you?

saddamsnightmare

May 22nd, 2014.

Boswalt:

I agree with Bikeman and Doghead, a useful piece of machinery that I would rather have in the hands of the LE in need, but this subject tends to bring out the far right philosophers on here. I rather hope the thread does not get locked. Basically your vehicle is a descendent from the Rhodesian and South African Armies "Buffalos' Based on an M-B Unimog to get ground clearance and the round bottom plates for blast deflection.

Glad to have you on board, good luck!:tank:

The fuel tank could be an issue, but again, training, training and more training, for the driver and crew, as these trucks have some control and visibility issues peculiar to their design.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The discussion over wether LEOs should have or not have these machines has ran it's course. I've issued the only warning I'm going to issue. If anyone even remotely touches on the subject, they will get an infraction and the post deleted. I wil not let this thread get deleted because folks can't follow this simple rule.

cbear

From discussions with several departments, the Caimans are having their hulls pulled, and remounted on the latest chassis. This is being done by BAE (formerly S&S) in Sealy, TX. That's why they have independent suspensions, because that was the last revision.

Cbear that is correct. The Texas plant is being closed. All the MRAP's there became instant surplus and will be destroyed if not taken by LE. Everything is brand new except the hull, which are in great shape. They are powered by band new Caterpillar C9's also.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That thing would make a really cool camper. You would not have to worry about anyone trying to break in.

alpm3

they are nice trucks I was on the crew that did the conversion we lifted the armored crew compartment off and put it on the new chassis a lot of work

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks