• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Calculating MPG with new Math

Gruemeyer

I have been the pround owner of Big Momma for about a month. Driven her to and from work everyday on a 46 mile daily round trip..

Have refueled three times.. Using both the Odometer and two GPS units I have attempted to calculate my mileage.

Something must be wrong with my math or Big Momma is a fluke.

Please check my math..

460 Miles Per odometer and 459.8 for GPS

Refilled to line 38.9 gallons. Equals 11.825 by my ciphering.

Attachments

Recon Charlie Alpha

Depends. Is your calc for one refueling? Was it (fuel) at the line before the 459.8 miles. If yes then my calculator is giving me the same answer. :D

Its very possible to get 12mpg....mostly flat roads, not many stops, keeping the rpms low at speed and good shifting ( thats an auto yes?) can make a big diff on fuel consumption.2cents

It appears Im getting better than 8 mpg in my M925, but I have a longer trip this weekend to our SS rally, so will have a more definative data after that trip.

Nice truck by the way.

renovate7

I had an A3 in 2010. I calculated my MPG at 50 mph as 17. No one said it was possible but I calc'd it twice. That was just cruising, no in town traffic.

Gruemeyer

Central Indiana. Auto Trans.Only hill is over the interstate on back country road.
I have refueled three times since bringing her home. 1st time I didn't calculate as I had no starting point.

2nd and 3rd time I filled to line I made in filler hole..

2nd refill calculated to 10.58 and the 3rd 11.8
My trip home is 23 miles - 4 thru Urban sprawl, 14 down 4 lane hwy 40 than balance is country roads to my wifes's house.

The big yellow Kitty engine only had 1749 miles.. At first the tac would be at 2700-2800 rpm to run 48mph. 1300 miles later the tac is at 2500-2600 rpm at 48 mph.

Only thin I can tell you is for the last 30 days, I have only driven Big Momma rather than y new fancy 3 wheel bike, Sports car, Truckin 90 to 104 degrees. :D :D

Gruemeyer

Waitin gto test 923

Depends. Is your calc for one refueling? Was it (fuel) at the line before the 459.8 miles. If yes then my calculator is giving me the same answer. :D

Its very possible to get 12mpg....mostly flat roads, not many stops, keeping the rpms low at speed and good shifting ( thats an auto yes?) can make a big diff on fuel consumption.2cents

It appears Im getting better than 8 mpg in my M925, but I have a longer trip this weekend to our SS rally, so will have a more definative data after that trip.

Nice truck by the way.
I will let you know on M923, I have two right now waiting on title work, however I have to wait for the 3 rd one from Ft Knox to wee which wone I keep.

One of our long time store customers fell in love with one, so you guessed it he is buying it fro me. The second is going to a young disabled Vet. He will have his pick of the two left over.

Once I a thru with the planed 5 ton project I would be tickled with 8 mpg.

jedawson1

My 923 gets a solid 10mpg's so long as I don't stop and go into town and I keep it under 58mph. 55 is the sweet spot for my truck. Tarp Up, Super Singles and 5 speed allison powered by NHC 250. I say its totally possible.

Heavysteven

SOund goods to me. Clean filters and good fuel probably. I have never calculated my MPG. I fill up every time a go on a long run and use jerry cans to keep the tank full. Probably 8-10 i would guess but that's a A2.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feel much better about this new math. Using new math I get 23 miles per gallon with the M818. I only got 6 MPG with the old math. I'm hoping for 30 out of the CUCV! :D

Nonotagain

14/20 I am pretty sure speed is accurate based on the traffic patterns on roads i travel home.. I will have one of the County's fineness clock me tomorrow,
I'd say that if your speedo and gps jive, which they do by the numbers you posted, you're doing very good on fuel.

I wouldn't complain about 10+ mpg on a 13,000+ lb. truck one bit.

My dually Ford with the 6.8 V-10 only gets 12 mpg highway with no load and it weighs half of what a deuce weighs.

Gruemeyer

Not complaining.. Just amazed that a machine over twice the size of anything else I drive.
Our 12ft box truck only gets 10mpg and my custom f150 only gets 12 miles per gallon.

Imagine how the mileage would improve if Big Moma didn't have the big Wind black know as a Van box.

All I can say is she makes me :grin: everyday I drive to and from work.

Mult-fuel- Big Momma is not abale to Multi-fuel

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks