• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

California Central Coast Beach Run

Well, the wife wants to hang out late friday, do breakfast etc. Saturday then leave, but if weather is great, and not windy, it may be an easy convincing to stay until Sunday. Im only 30 minutes away so not a big deal for me either way.

I will either be near pole 4 or all the way to the end near the fenceline. Either way, I wont be hard to find.

rwright07

hey i ended up going out tonight (friday) near dusk and didnt see a deuce out near pole 4, it was pretty windy earlier so i am assuming you came home early/ didnt go out yet

let me know if you are planning to go anytime soon, i think i will potentially be going out tomorrow for the afternoon and evening... it is really cheap when you are driving on 85% WMO!

We missed each other, I was near pole 4 but got there around 6pm. We left around noon.
rw...did you get a duece or am I thinking of someone else?

Bummer if we missed at the beach...weather could not have been any nicer than it was last night and today

Sand Driving:

Duece seemed to drive just fine as long as I had momentum. I was able to drive thru very soft sand without airing the truck down. I was running 50 PSI air in all 10 9x20's. and have a shelter on the duece.
I did experience an odd thing. It seems that if you turn too sharp, you can snow plow the front wheels with the rears. When they finally hook up, you turn real quick..lol

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any pics or video? There is too much going on on my end to make it out this time. Maybe after the first of the year we can do somethng on the sand? Don't think i'd wanna do the tent camping thing though. I'd have to set up the CP in the rear of the truck!

rwright07

no i havent gotten one yet, i am doing all the learning i can while looking for a deal.
i should be the owner of one within a year if all goes to plan.

bummer i missed ya, next time... i would love to see an m35 in action in person.

rwright07

speaking of which, call me up whenever and come check out our WMO setup... super easy, cheap, and effective. We have around 180 bucks into it so far and have easily saved 3x that in fuel within a month. Just north of you in SLO, i think i gave you my number in a PM

rick

Rick, very interested in the filter system....I will be at the beach sometime this holiday weekend with the duece... Leaning towards Friday to watch the crazies

I think the camping numbers have filled up at the beach so that is probably out of the question. If I can, I will camp though.

PM me and I will give you my number

Here is a link to Off-Roadweb.com that has the video of the Duece in the first thread....Oh what fun this was. Unfortunately, Mine was sitting at camp holding the supplies.....

http://www.off-roadweb.com/videos/01/6203495/index.html

The first few seconds ist he offroad splash video then the duece starts.

Bye the way, he ran 45 PSI in all 8 Rears and 17 PSI in the front tires the whole weekend. He pounded this Duece and only ended up with 1 minor casualty. He broke the seam on the radiator tank which we fixed with some JB Weld which got him the 3-1/2 hour drive home.

Last edited:
Ok...Daylight savings time is is Here..:beer:.

SOCal Desert is making plans, SoCAL Hammers Trip being planned....

How about the Central Coast Beach Run. Lets start talking dates!!!!

Im game most of the time. Any suggestions?

I might even have to test the waters Saturday night...you know..make sure the sand still works...:jumpin:

Militoy

Ok...Daylight savings time is is Here..:beer:.

SOCal Desert is making plans, SoCAL Hammers Trip being planned....

How about the Central Coast Beach Run. Lets start talking dates!!!!

Im game most of the time. Any suggestions?

I might even have to test the waters Saturday night...you know..make sure the sand still works...:jumpin:
I love Pismo - and we try to get up there a couple of times a year - but the idea of schlepping my Gama Goat or one of my Jeeps up there to run on the beach and dunes isn't all that appealing. I'll be up there with our old-school buggys for a week in June - and if you do wind up making a run on a weekend before then when I am free, I would definitely consider running up with the buggys to visit with you guys, and ogle your trucks and maybe get in a little perch and shark fishing.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nathan, I'm stretched thin...having a hard time getting DBIV goin', now you're taunting me about a sand trip...shame on you! Man, I wanna go!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm here Nathan...When is your next run? The Tehachapi thing is the 17 thru 21 of June. I might be able to swing a weekend in July.

100dollarman

Hey Nathan- (or anyone else!)

I will be camping at Pismo Dunes June 11th till the 14th. I will be bringing the 40' toyhauler and the Jeep. Plus I am bringing some 11.00-20 tires for a customer.

It'll be a "Jeep" camp, but anyone who wants to join us is welcome!!!:-D

Hundy
cell- 760 964 5123

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks