• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

California members

Docwilson

I needed a truck to haul around my 38ft travel trailer/home. I've always thought a deuce and a half would be pretty sweet to have and have always dreamed of having an expedition vehicle and it just seemed to make sense to get one. I'm currently restoring it and making a camper in the bed that fits under the canopy. Also making racks to carry surf boards kayaks and mountain bikes. Hoping for a year to 6 month travel around North America with it.

Im also a farmer so it comes in handy quite a bit.

Docwilson

Here's where I'm at so far. First coat of paint and framed the floor for camper. Going to paint or vinyl wrap the trailer. I think I'm going to paint red crosses on the doors as well. The other photo is a concept idea I have goin on. I have about 3 weeks to finish before I'm starting the first leg of the journey.

IMG_0955.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

DavidWymore

Here's where I'm at so far. First coat of paint and framed the floor for camper. Going to paint or vinyl wrap the trailer. I think I'm going to paint red crosses on the doors as well. The other photo is a concept idea I have goin on. I have about 3 weeks to finish before I'm starting the first leg of the journey.

View attachment 705357
Wow, that looks a LOT like my truck. Same faded green color and black frame, fuel tank, aircleaner hat, etc., same black bedliner. I wonder if they came through the same place at some point.

Clark19

I am Clark in Brea, CA.
I have a M923A2
Do you know of any 5 ton owners in north OC, CA?
Have them call me.
I would like to talk about our trucks.
714 366-0414

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks