• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

California - Operation Lion Claws - Clash of Spec Ops - Memorial Weekend - May 22-24

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Bad Karma team will be participating in Operation Lion Claws again this year and as always I will be driving Bad Karma's M35A2 for troop carrying. We will also be providing staffing for the event this year.

The event is Memorial Weekend (Friday thru Sunday) May 22-24, so you can still do any parades on Monday.

Operation Lion Claws is a full weekend event which normally includes camping overnight Friday & Saturday. The registration fee for this event is $200 alone not including camping supplies, uniforms, bbs, etc. It is a full Milsim event requiring you to be on the field from Start to finish - Saturday & Sunday. We arrive on Friday and camp the whole weekend, you can do the same or arrive Sat morning for the game.

Here is the synopsis for this years event:

The chilling winds of the Cold War have returned to wake the land.

Political chess pushes Russia into a tight corner.

Russia "reclaimed" Crimea in 2014 while the international community held its breath. Eastern Ukrainian separatists grew weary of Kiev's corruption and would like to return to "Mother Russia" while troops loyal to Ukraine were abandoned to their own fate as politicians took EU benefit packages and sought fortune elsewhere.

Back in the United States SOCOM is preparing troops for a potential showdown with Russia should all political means fail.

Legendary US Army Ranger MSG (Ret) "Mad Max" Mullen and his Afghan campaign partner former Soviet Airborne SGT Igor Dobroff will lead "Warsaw Pact" units against SOCOM units led by legendary US Army Ranger COL (Ret) Danny McKnight and SFC (Ret) "Bubba" Moore.

If anyone interested in participating with your MV there would be no registration fee due...you attend for free with your MV. You would be required to participate in the event by doing troop transports around the AO, get shot at with plastic bb's and take the occasional nerf rocket to your vehicle thus disabling it. This is a ton of fun as anyone who has attended can attest.

We are looking for Deuce's, 5 tons, HMMWV's, tracked vehicles or whatever military coolness you want to bring and play in!

This event is fun on a level that some have never experienced. Everyone has a good time and with Bad Karma being staff this year, any issue you experience would be squared away instantly. We of course take care of our own!

The event is being held at George AFB in Victorville (same location is also used in pre-deployment training for our armed forces).

Please mail me if you are at all interested in attending and I'll tell you more.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I Played Irene a few years ago. Won't be here, but glad you're participating. The vehicles can make a big difference.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone else interested? Could use a couple more trucks to move players around the field. It is so much fun using these trucks in simulated battle, not to mention you get to meet some really cool people.

Another Ahab

Operation Lion Claws is a full weekend event which normally includes camping overnight Friday & Saturday. The registration fee for this event is $200 alone not including camping supplies, uniforms, bbs, etc. It is a full Milsim event requiring you to be on the field from Start to finish - Saturday & Sunday. We arrive on Friday and camp the whole weekend, you can do the same or arrive Sat morning for the game.

Please mail me if you are at all interested in attending and I'll tell you more.
Anyone else interested? Could use a couple more trucks to move players around the field. It is so much fun using these trucks in simulated battle, not to mention you get to meet some really cool people.
This sure sounds like an interesting event. [thumbzup] Thanks for the post:

- How did it all get started, and what's it all about?

Do you maybe have a link to some background?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
John Lu runs the Operation Lion Claws Military Simulation Series (http://www.oplionclaws.com/). HE runs events at awesome facilities throughout the country. Some are US Military MOUT villages, some are old amusement parts, malls, etc... They usually incorporate the "full" experience package, simulated explosions, role players, sim fire, etc... Or are in such a unique location that it can't be replicated. They did one in a mall in Wisconsin a few months ago, and everything was allowed to happen, breaking of windows, chopping through walls, etc... The events out in west incorporate M113s, half tracks, or whatever else can be found.

I participated in an "Irene" event in 2010. It was at Ft. Hood I think... We used two total complexes... it was AWESOME. the second day the entire force, played in one arena. They even do night games too.

I found a few videos, it was Irene VIII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HRSTl2_fCE

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got to make the trip for one of these. Perhaps next year, when my M109a3 is all done and the CUCV doesn't have death wobble.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks