• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

California Registration of an LMTV

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Depends on the registration type. An company car or RV/mobile office, no (I know this to be fact, at least in the states I've dealt it). A large truck, quite possibly would fall under DOT.
Proper markings on the door and that you don't need and ICC, or MC, or USDOT numbering on the door will help. Engaged in Intrastate or Interstate Commerce is the key. Markings are just slightly different. NC for North Carolina or MO for Missouri for example is appended to the USDOT number. Also, any motor vehicle subject to the provisions of this rule must remove the lettering before transfer of ownership.

Again, most of the time these letters are not required on non-commercial vehicles. Piss off the DOT man, and all bets are off!

CSR 265-10.025 is the section in the law books.

Holbrook

So I recently purchaed a M1078 and have been looking at all my options for titling and registering in california. Using some searches and reading through the DMV links to get an idea. I read through the exempt vehicles and found this page (link attached) and it says the following

• Pick-up trucks with a GVWR of 19,500 lbs or less with a pick-up bed used exclusively for personal, non-commercial, or non-governmental use.
Would an M1078 not fit here?

Excluded Diesel Vehicle Reporting | TruckStop (ca.gov)
Hello, I see you are in Cool Ca. I am in Elk Grove and want to get one of those LMTV’s. Were you able to get your‘s registered in California or did you go the Montana route?
I also see you committed on the Eco hub option. Did you change your gear ratio using Mike’s Eco hubs or the traditional ring and pinion way?

Thanks,

Brian 916-812-6142
If talking on the phone is easier give me a jingle.

coachgeo

Hello, I see you are in Cool Ca. I am in Elk Grove and want to get one of those LMTV’s. Were you able to get your‘s registered in California or did you go the Montana route?
I also see you committed on the Eco hub option. Did you change your gear ratio using Mike’s Eco hubs or the traditional ring and pinion way?

Thanks,

Brian \
Nine16-
81two-6one
Four2- If talking voice to ear is easier, give me a jingle.
Just a heads up..... posting contact info is a bit of bad ju ju to discussion boards. It attracts bots searching for info to collect on people... till they have enough from different sources to sell it to various ID theft criminals...... Your risk.... BUT... it is also the boards risk... cause those bots attract more bots... which starts attracting spam bots. It is a FUBARED snow ball effect.

IMHO best is to Private Message the person. Contact info in PM is fine. .... or if you must... like a for sell ad, Disguise the info. similar to how I did the quote of your post above.

just a suggested way to go about it that is to everyone's benefit.

As to CA..... MOVE before is is too late :driver: :driver::naner:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks