• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

California Road Legal Title Crack-Down

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best place to start is your local DMV. Try to find someone there sympathetic to your cause. In my case, it was the Tax Collector himself (elected). Also, don't just call your legislator, go see them in person if at all possible. When I first attempted to tag my 5 ton here, I was told "no" by the local DMV and the state office as well. With the help of Kevin Vislocky (head of Florida Chapter MVPA at the time) I was able to show them that it was Humvees only that could not be tagged. I highly recommend joining the MVPA. As with anything else, there is strength in numbers.
Speaking of MVPA, what are they doing about this? I’m a member but I’m not Hearing much from the association.

Ajax MD

@bigmike @Russ Knight The MVPA (Kevin Lockwood) isn't doing a single thing.

In fact, he is deliberately sabotaging efforts to get FMVs newer than WWII/Korea on the roads. If you email or call him, he'll flat-out deny it. He acts sympathetic but it's totally false. Kevin Lockwood stabbed @TMOMW multiple times during important calls and negotiations on this topic. Kevin Lockwood couldn't even be bother to show up at a Kansas legislative testimony or send an MVPA representative.

Hint: MVPA is HQ'd in Kansas. Kevin Lockwood lives in Kansas yet they couldn't be bothered to attend the legislative session to get FMVs on the road.

Attachments

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@bigmike @Russ Knight The MVPA (Kevin Lockwood) isn't doing a single thing.

In fact, he is deliberately sabotaging efforts to get FMVs newer than WWII/Korea on the roads. If you email or call him, he'll flat-out deny it. He acts sympathetic but it's totally false. Kevin Lockwood stabbed @TMOMW multiple times during important calls and negotiations on this topic. Kevin Lockwood couldn't even be bother to show up at a Kansas legislative testimony or send an MVPA representative.

Hint: MVPA is HQ'd in Kansas. Kevin Lockwood lives in Kansas yet they couldn't be bothered to attend the legislative session to get FMVs on the road.
Thanks for the info. I guess it’s best just to deal directly with your legislator. That is what I intend to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saddamsnightmare

March 31st, 2020.

I can't wait to see what these clowns will do to the EX Military vehicles that are direct clones from what were highway legal trucks (EG:CUCV, M*880 or in the case of what I'm looking for, ex USAF). If they pull the same stuff on those there will be a lot of other people's trucks getting whacked. I had a Unimog and an M35A2, the first titled in Texas and Illinois, the second in Texas but not Illinois), the M35A2 wasn't taken to Illinois due to plate fees being excessive (before MaDuce got the DMV laws changed), of the two, I wished I still had the deuce. It seems that we are going to have quit infighting and work this one legally state, by state, by state, and take care of the matters through the legislatures. Do not count on MVPA or anyone else to haul our chestnuts out, only we can do it.

Right now I don't have an MV, and likely the next one will be ex USAF, but I'm still on board.

Have a Great Evening!

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks