• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Calling all out of work SS members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here goes since this country is putting us were we dont belong and going over seas and stuff we still got one thing they dont pride . When i was a small child (hum long time ago) my dad use to take me to the fair and see a stunt show were they would crash cars drive on 2 wheels and all that good stuff . It was the high light of my childhood but no one dose this anymore and the fellow that did it has long since passed but folks round here still remember seeing this how they would have 10 people get out of a VW fly off a ramp and crash in to the top of another car it was Joey Chitwoods hurricane h- - l drivers (not sure i could say that) . I think we need to get some of these last leg dueces and put on a stunt show myself i would love to try it it just finding the place to try it and with everybody out of work we could put on a heck of a show put pride back were it counts. Well thanks for readin just a thought . Good luck to all in finding a job.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy Smokes Jeff!!!! I don't know what has happened lately, perhaps or South Florida Fair lately (which is no fair, just a big carnival). My mind has been drifting back to when my parents took me to the Montgomery County Fair in Dayton or the State Fair in Columbus. I have racked my brain continuously trying to remember the name of the stunt drivers at that fair and you just named them. Here's a link to a poster from 1971! WOW!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dan-Fleenor-Hur...temQQimsxZ20090209?IMSfp=TL090209212004r30458

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last leg deuces? No such thing - they are always ready to come back to life with a little TLC - most have been soldiering since the Vietnam war!

Steel Soldiers members need to make sure they are not part of the national problem . . . In my household NOTHING is purchased that is not MADE IN USA! We need to support our own manufacturing base, what is left of it.

JohnnyReb

Just wondering how y'all are modifying lifestyles. I am self-employed and therefore layoff proof; however, no customers mean no income even for business owners. I am taking this opportunity to trim the corners: planting a garden and teaching the kids to work it; digging a root cellar and going to show them how to preserve food; how to occupy your time without spending money or a trip to the mall.

:soapbox:: Now, as I said this is an opportunity. The people who are most concerned are the financiers...... People who can DO THINGS and PRODUCE THINGS will find something to do and be useful and needed. I have a friend who is a real estate broker. He said the bankers are very scared! His business was bad until he found and help promote a long lost market....... Owner financing. People lending money to each other.... trading goods and services. I have traded my services for services and goods during the last 6 months.

The government and financial institutions do not want this to happen!!

THEY have more to be afraid of in this crisis than we do....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wait, not sure I understand what the proposal is.

I'm out of work. I have 4 deuces. You want me to take my deuces and destroy them for some quick cash doing stunts?

First, how many people will pay $5 to see some trucks do things SLOWLY? Even if you get 1,000 people, with 10 drivers or so, you pocket $500. Sounds great, but how much is YOUR mortgage payment? Yeah, I thought so.

Second, most of our trucks are decent shape, even the ones that are beaters and off-road queens are maintained pretty good. Doing foolish stunts for a few bucks will wreck a bunch of trucks we love, and work pretty regularly. Most demo derbys and stunt events utilize vehicles that are cheap because THEY ARE USELESS PILES OF SCRAP METAL. Who wants old school buses, they are a dime a dozen. Demo derbys use old 1970s and 1980s rustbucket smog belchers that are on their last legs, worth $50 in scrap metal. OUR TRUCKS are worth more than that in the work they can do.

Third, these are my opinions. I'd rather spend the time and energy that it would take to put this together, to look for another job.

texas4wheeler

cheaper to buy a junk yard car and do it , but i raced motor cross for 10yrs ,so hey whats another broken bone , but seriuosly you got to much thinking time if this is what you came up with, but i,ll give you a A for effort:-D, its ideas like that ,that keep u young.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Think about this....there is a lot of crumple in a behemeth Caddy or Olds.
Crumple means a lot of the force is negated before it hits the driver.
Two deuces hitting head on at 30-40 MPH is going to kill someone.... I don't care how much protective gear you got on. Deuces have MASS...massive amounts of MASS.
As far as hitting a ramp and going up on two....err five wheels, you would have to find someone with a lot of nerve, skill and balls the size of coconuts.
Not me brother...I just want to have good clean fun in my deuce.

emr

maddawg hit it, it makes no sense, how slow do most people want an exciting event to be? not very...for me also the political part needed not be in it, i would be happy to tell my side of why we should be there, but i wont, lets keep it trucks, i think thats what the new rules were about...Randy

dburt

Gotta give you credit for trying to think of something to make some $$$ during these hard times. How about something that would make money, be fun and safe, and politically correct for folks like wreckerman, emr, maddog etc? Why not put on an old fashioned mud bog day? Invite the deuce owners, and locals with mud trucks, etc to come and play in the mud. Offer "drive a deuce" options to locals to get them interested in the deuces, they could have fun driving a deuce thru the mud or up a hill. It could just be a fun play day, charge entrants a modest fee, charge spectators a small amount to watch, let some local caterer set up a food concession. It's all slow speed fun, no real danger, and you can show off the deuce's fun factor. Just a thought-

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I like deuces too much to crash them. However, I would like to put a spin in the show. We load up several school buses with crooked politicians (that includes most), death row inmates, Gitmo detainees, and child molestors and put on a hell of a show doing head ons, jumps over a lava flow, bus off of bridges m(real tall ones) and maybe a little ice road trucking during the thaw. Sell it to FOX as " The Steel Soldiers Cleaning Up and Taking back America Show". We get the public to vote, at 50 cents a pop, on what they think was the best "send them to there maker" bus tour. We get Carnac to guess how many will survive. Carnac plays against 2 contestants and the winners get to pick doors that have MV's behind. Imagine hearing Bob Barker yell, A New Hemitt!!!

TenTires

I like deuces too much to crash them. However, I would like to put a spin in the show. We load up several school buses with crooked politicians (that includes most), death row inmates, Gitmo detainees, and child molestors and put on a hell of a show doing head ons, jumps over a lava flow, bus off of bridges m(real tall ones) and maybe a little ice road trucking during the thaw. Sell it to FOX as " The Steel Soldiers Cleaning Up and Taking back America Show". We get the public to vote, at 50 cents a pop, on what they think was the best "send them to there maker" bus tour. We get Carnac to guess how many will survive. Carnac plays against 2 contestants and the winners get to pick doors that have MV's behind. Imagine hearing Bob Barker yell, A New Hemitt!!!
:ditto::ditto::ditto:

SasquatchSanta

docfarmall wrote:

.............folks round here still remember seeing this how they would have 10 people get out of a VW fly off a ramp and crash in to the top of another car .................
That brings back memories of my late uncle Herbie. He was a professional clown for over fifty years. When he died last year all 43 of his friends came to his funeral in the same car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks