• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Calling MEP-802 Owners

max bowtie

Could an MEP-802 owner take a picture of the exhaust system from the outlet to the exhaust manifold for me? I want to see how the exhaust is routed. I'm looking at some gensets that are without a cover over the exhaust outlet and wondering how much water could make its way into the engine.

Thanks!

jbk

i would think water could reach the head if the cover were missing. the inlet to muffler from the head is at the bottom of the muffler. i tried to attach an old picture.

Attachments

Last edited:

ETN550

That's a possibility. I saw a few that were missing the auto closing square flap on top of the housing.

Is the fuel tank leaking on the left side? I see that a lot and it takes quite a bit of disassembly to get to it. Way more than one would think by looking at it. Look for a lot of staining or a puddle on the left side by the side door on the skid.

Last edited:

max bowtie

I didn't notice the staining or leak but thanks for the heads up ETN550! Seems like I do remember reading on one of the posts that, that is a common problem. Is that right?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks