• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Beauregard

KaiserM109

It is a turbo. The pipe coming out of the air filter goes directly to the intake manifold on a non-turbo model. Yours goes down to the center of the turbo that is hidden behind it.

Want to trade? (engines, that is). No heater, though.

If this is a truck that you just won at auction, it is difficult to tell whether or not it runs. It does not look like parts have been stolen, so it probably was in running condition when it was turned in. Another good sign is the clevises are still on your front bumper, indicating that it was not towed in.

By the time these trucks go through DRMO and then GL, they have sat for nearly a year and often the batteries are low or dead. Brakes also often develop problems while sitting. Mine had water in the brakes and caused a complete failure in traffic. Another one I helped drive back from OK had lost all the brake fluid between the master cylinder and the rear-most right side wheel cylinder due to an old, hardened cylinder cup. We refilled it, bleed the brakes and drove it 800 miles. We pumped the brakes frequently and that kept the cup spread out and working.

Looks like a good truck, congratulations!

Here is what a non-turbo looks like.

Attachments

Last edited:

deess

thanks for the info, i like your m109, have you done anything different to it ? i made a camper out of mine:-D