• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Delta/Tower Park April

Major Asstyrd

The largest annual MV event in the West is April 17-25, 2011 and has been hosted by the Military Vehicle Collectors of California since 1977. Located at the Stockton/Delta KOA, 6 miles west of I-5 on State Route 12. Camp Delta rally and flea market features typically over 200 MVs, pro and amateur vendors, special displays this year are Military Dodge Showcase Presented by Midwest Military, and Staff Cars (real or authorized repros). Jeep axle seminar. .30/.50 Browing seminar. WW2 Engineer Rigging Seminar. Battalion COMM Center radio display (see Op Order posted here-pretty funny... )http://www.mvccnews.net/event_pages/tower_park/opord_cd_0411.pdf
Tentative UH-1H Huey fly-in. Madames Afternoon Social for all ladies. Raffle and party. BBQs. No admission charge except camping fee if camping. No MV registration. Free vendor space at your large paid campsite. Free military living history displays. Expanded legal parking this year on the levee! If you are not familiar with the MVCC Spring and Fall events at this venue, make sure to read the website info, especially campers. Hotel info is posted. Biggest days are Wed-Sat. Restaurant, bar, store, marina. Photos of past Camp Delta at Tower Park events are in the Gallery section off the home page. See details at
http://www.mvccnews.net/event_pages/tower_park/tower_park_spring.htm

Also join us for the Second Largest Annual MV Event in the West at the same place, September 18-25, 2011! A little less hectic and great campsites are available! The MVCC is the oldest and largest regional MV club in the U.S.

FRAG ORDER: displays planned for Spring 2012 are the "Concours d'Eleguns," MV-mounted or towed ordnance; also "Engineer and Other Work Trucks." Info at website or John Neuenburg at in_garage"at"hotmail.com

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
B COOL TO GRAB A CONVOY OUT OF IT....NOT SURE IF i CAN MAKE IT BUT IT MAY BE AN INTERESTING EVENT.
I would be kinda interested in a convoy. Except if it's the same weekend as DIRTBAG. Then I'm "cleaning up".

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dug....I completely understand!

I have a lot of cleaning up to do....since I havent in a while;-)
Cleaning up, shovel weanies, exploding mine shafts, Sami's stolen using NVGs, oh and flaming doughtnuts stopped by a quad.

Chit, WHEN is the next DIRTBAG and WHY is it ONLY twice a year?

Should be quarterly if not monthly.

The Gimlis

Hi Tower Park guys - we've been looking forward to your April event since the October one. Can't wait to see everyone and everything that the Spring event brings!

For those of you interested, if we can get a spot, we will have our replica guns set up for close inspection. Come see us and Army Bob! We'd love to give you a tour!

If if we can't get a spot, we will be there to check everything out....

Major Asstyrd

It would be a shame if Dirtbag was scheduled on top of the biggest MV rally in the West. This has been the third week of April since the Patterson and Big Bear (Waterford) days - 33 years.

If you Dodge guys can tell Ernie Ongaro you are probably coming he will add you to his database. He listed all Dodge models and the growing number of participants on a thread over here:
G503.com Message Forums • View topic - Miltary Dodge Showcase Camp Delta April 2011 at Tower Park
Not necessary to sign up though. That display is FRIDAY morning 4/22/11.

Anybody who doesn't have a camping reservation, numbered or dry, should read the details on the link on the first post and contact MVCCer Jo-Ann Lesser. She is our liason with KOA reservations. She helps folks find spots. Usually there is room in the dry camping field and we also ask people who don't use all of their large numbered site to share if possible and let her know about it. Thursday and Friday are the busiest days and there are ALWAYS hookup sites available on Saturday night.

If you southlanders do another convoy north, let me know the day and I'll publish it in the MVCC newsletter plus on www.mvccnews.net and G503.com. We have a lot of members in SoCal, SJ Valley, and on the coast.

Get your gun trucks and engineer vehicles ready for 2012!

Last edited:

JDToumanian

It would be a shame if Dirtbag was scheduled on top of the biggest MV rally in the West. This has been the third week of April since the Patterson and Big Bear (Waterford) days - 33 years.
.....It's been on the same weekend since they started Camp Dirtbag a few years ago... A shame indeed. We're going to convoy our deuces to Tower Park, there will be a separate thread about that soon.

Jon

Well, if it's on the same weekend as Camp Dirt Bag, then I'm goin with Dirt Bag, I love the "Cleaning". Speaking of which (don't mean to hijack a thread) I'm goin out to the camp Dirt Bag area on the 22nd of this month (My 18th B-day) Gonna get some offroad driving in. Anybody want to come out?? make a day of it?? PM me if yer interested. :jumpin:

JDToumanian

Funny thing is, you guys don't even know what you're missing! ....There is no way I'd skip Tower Park for another MV event.... Though you guys are much harder core 'cleaners' than I am. There's certainly none of that at Tower Park.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny thing is, you guys don't even know what you're missing! ....There is no way I'd skip Tower Park for another MV event.... Though you guys are much harder core 'cleaners' than I am. There's certainly none of that at Tower Park.

I think I'm missing 900 miles or more in the deuce. It would take a convoy partner I could really trust to do that. My biggest trip was 500 miles in an epic 40 hour trip but I had Phil as a convoy team mate. If they are the same weekend I have to choose DIRTBAG not just because of the cleaning up, but the ATVs, the ability to bring my non MV friends and expose them to the hobby, the reduced fuel costs and time off of work.

It's just two completely different type of events and one of them is logisticly a lot tougher coming out of SOCAL. I couldn't make the drive that far north even if they were in the same month. Might be easy for the guys towing/driving up smaller MVs but when you're bringing a deuce or five ton up I5 you need a well thought out convoy. If we can put that together and it doesn't pull $$$ for DIRTBAG then I will seriously consider making the trip north.

I guess we need Brother Will to weigh in on when he thinks DIRTBAG might be.

we better not rob this thread any more though....its getting kinda dirty....lol

Bang on Will to see what his plans are.....oh and I agree, different events and a long haul. I even have mixed feelings doing dirtbag from my location...its about 300 miles for me...I wish I had someone nearby for a convoy partner....

JDToumanian

You don't have to bring an MV to Tower Park, or join the deuce convoy.... Many people don't, they're there in normal RVs or pickup trucks with camper trailers. I meant you don't know what you're missing in regards to the event itself, not necessarily how you got there. Jim and I are hard core I guess, the convoy is half the fun, and it's definitely safety in numbers... You'd have to have a high limit credit card to go it alone on something like that. I feel that there's not much that's going to go wrong that I can't fix on the side of the road, but if it does go wrong we carry tow bars.

Jon

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would love to attend and will attend if it doesn't conflict with anything else.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks