• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Dodge Recovery

chvss65

I went yesterday to pick-up my M101A2 trailer, nice and easy to get on post and find building W-12. Sgt Berganholz and mil staff were easy to work with , nice fellows!, But dont take your vehicle into their lot (signs posted say so) till they are ready for you, park acroos from the building in the large gravel lot, They do control their area, which was good, nothing is touched there unless they are present, good security on their part. When I was waiting a recovery was going on with an APC, so I got so pics. I was very satisfied with the trailer, sides, bows, tires and cover good shape and nothing missing. The ride home (255 miles) was uneventfull 70 MPH trip. The whole Govliquidation, EUC and pickup went very well for me, my first recovery!! Sry for crappy cell phonee pics, forgot camera at home, DUH ! :razz:

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great. You will be most pleased with the 101A2. They are a great trailer and quite universal. I have an A1 that pulls double duty with my M887 and the Suburban. I have an A2 axle, just need to appropriate the surge coupler for the upgrade. Mine has like new 900X16s that I hate to get rid of.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am glad they upgraded security at the site. The NG guys were visiting it in the off hours and getting what they needed. The SGt and the GL rep are very easy individuals to work with.

chvss65

Hello dvwilkie, I used a reese hitch adapter for a pintle hitch, hitch is 20 ton with a 2 inch ball , I got the hitch setup on ebay for about $80, rise is about 8 inches and as you can see in gas station picture trailer rode about even and level, and then I used magnetic 12v lights for brake and turn

Attachments

chvss65

Heh Kevin, good to hear from you, its real good shape, all wood is solid, just surface rust and the cover is in good shape, tires are almost new, I took it down the cover and put it in the bed for the trip. Rock Island had a ton of trailers there, good deal on your bids. My trailer came out of an Iowa NG unit, saw the unit marks just before Sgt painted over it, wish i had more room and a job, Id be looking for another deuce or yer 5 ton, that looks great ! i also added an air-o-matic to my deuce about a month ago, I won 2 trophy's out of the 3 car shows I put the truck in, the chrome and polish boys dont like to see the deuce pull in, competition, lol

Last edited:

chvss65

Ya that cut down bed looks stock on there, most people would think it was, good job and deal,
kids were waiting around for me to start the deuce up after the last show, they just love this stuff, my grandkids are just giggly around it !!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks