• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Dodge Wreckers

reb87

Well I finally got the high bid on a m816 on the last gl sale. I got number 7505 and I guess it looks sound enough from the pics. I was going after another one but didnt take enough time to get it right.

Did anyone preview them and have any comments on 7505? I ranked it number 5 of the five trucks selling. Mine looks complete except for the plates that go on each side of the back winch (for the boomjacks) I hope they are sitting in the box. Its just a couple hundred miles away so hopefully I can get away from the farm for a day to go get it.(after the euc)

Here is how they sold straight with no fees/taxes
7503---$9171
7504---$7720
7505---$7150
7506---$7750
7507---$10100

Attachments

Rattlewagon

Well I finally got the high bid on a m816 on the last gl sale. I got number 7505 and I guess it looks sound enough from the pics. I was going after another one but didnt take enough time to get it right.

Did anyone preview them and have any comments on 7505? I ranked it number 5 of the five trucks selling. Mine looks complete except for the plates that go on each side of the back winch (for the boomjacks) I hope they are sitting in the box. Its just a couple hundred miles away so hopefully I can get away from the farm for a day to go get it.(after the euc)

Here is how they sold straight with no fees/taxes
7503---$9171
7504---$7720
7505---$7150
7506---$7750
7507---$10100

WOW, thats a nice truck! congrats!!

I'm jealous!!!

dan

Alredneck

Banned
Yea they seem to be some decent trucks out there, we were watching them but ended up buying one of the MN, little falls wreckers for Woody the day before, it went for 8300 and some change. But had XLs ant mount and convoy lights. Them IA trucks supposedly are low mileage trucks but im not one to trust the Militarys odometer or hour meter since anything and everything could of been changed at one point in their lives. But congrats on the new wrecker, hope it works well for ya!:-D

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was watching them closely. I was going to bid but too much $$$ to ship this far West. Maybe something closer.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I previewed all of them the day they came in. I was out looking at deuces to buy. I went after one on the auction a month ago but another marylander and SS member got it. Hopefully it did not get hit by the night time visitors. The one wrecker I looked at had all fluids topped off and power to start it. I am glad to see members here get these trucks verses them being shipped overseas. Congrats of your wrecker, I am envious.

dittle

Camp Dodge had issues with stuff walking away because anyone could get on base any day of the week and go out to the lot. They have changed that now with previews and pickups only being on Wednesdays. Biggest problem is that the Nat Guard was being tasked to take care of the previews/pickups on top of their other duties. No fault to the NG as GL should have had personnel onsite to take care of this task in the first place. I think that the NG told GL this has got to change because there were always people there pulling the NG guys away from their work.

deuceman51

I got 2 of the wreckers at dodge, I think they look pretty complete. If you need the boomjack plates, I might have a source on a set, let me know when you are going to retrieve them. I might be driving both of mine back with another NG friend or I might haul them, not sure yet.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds great man! Good score! Best of luck with your recovery.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks