• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Grayling Color Tour...

odjeeper

As fun as the trail maintenance suggestions sound so far, I really hate to see our old trucks abused too badly. I was thinking it could be very interesting to utilize the winch trucks and wreckers to host a clinic on proper use of such equipment to drop trees and pull stumps. Then, the resulting crater-pocked trail would be an interesting test of drivers and vehicles with less risk of serious damage to the trucks. :driver:

odjeeper said:
As fun as the trail maintenance suggestions sound so far, I really hate to see our old trucks abused too badly. I was thinking it could be very interesting to utilize the winch trucks and wreckers to host a clinic on proper use of such equipment to drop trees and pull stumps. Then, the resulting crater-pocked trail would be an interesting test of drivers and vehicles with less risk of serious damage to the trucks. :driver:
old whitey and i have an agreement. I beat the CRAP out of her, and she------ likes it.

odjeeper

So far have thirty registrations, accounting for over sixty people and thirty-four vehicles. That is the most I can ever remember having a week before the event and if the weather remains decent, doubling these numbers is very likely. Should be a lot of fun! :driver:

odjeeper

Just came back from the camp site, the first person to arrive is there and set up already. We laid out the boundaries and ran flagging tape. The weatherman is calling for excellent conditions for us right through the weekend, should be a lot of fun.

m52a2

worked all day to prep the old 5 ton truck for the drive up from jackson, MI. Greased every fitting in the drive train, ck'd and topped off all fluids...event the batterys. topped off the fuel tanks and packed up the old arctic tent and camping supplies. One thing I would like to do with some of you other guys help while I'm up there is unwind the front winch cable, disconect it from the drum, feed it through the winder that I have installed on the winch and wind it back up again.

TedG

I should be up saturday with a hmmwv. Armada/Paul will be be riding along. finally a fun day!!!

m52a2 said:
worked all day to prep the old 5 ton truck for the drive up from jackson, MI. Greased every fitting in the drive train, ck'd and topped off all fluids...event the batterys. topped off the fuel tanks and packed up the old arctic tent and camping supplies. One thing I would like to do with some of you other guys help while I'm up there is unwind the front winch cable, disconect it from the drum, feed it through the winder that I have installed on the winch and wind it back up again.
I will have my little M35 there to use as an anchor for respooling.
this is the first year that i will not have a 5 ton or 2 there.

m52a2

grayling color tour reaction

OH MAN ! What a blast ! The trail rides were Fantastic ! the big trucks stuck together and helped each other like i'm sure the little ones did ! we tow'd the break downs and pull started the reluctant to start. there were short and long daily runs and night black out drives where we learned the fog blocks much of the light from a black out light. ther trails varied from wide to narrow and the hills from small to tall. the comradarie was 2nd to none. ps: to the little trucks that watched me in their mirrors...my brakes work fine ! :driver:

Armada

Here are a few more pics from Saturday. I rode up with TedG. We had a great time touring the trails in his 998. The weather was perfect. Lots of great people and vehicles.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks