• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Grayling Trail Ride - Parts Exchange

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was up there Wednesday evening and will be back about 10:30 am Friday.
Attached pic is from Wednesday, something about this event that people want to get there early!
The pic covers about half the vehicles.

Attachments

dragonwagon

Darn Bob what time were you up there ? I went up and wheeled a little with Chuck and dave , joined up while i was there . I cant make it this weekend but i may run up for a bit Friday night so i can meet a few more folks . If i do ill just run up in the H3 rahter then the deuce . Depends on how busy the shop is here .

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of folks here. Lots of rain in the last couple of days. One minor incident last night.
Getting lined up to convoy to the base for a tour, pics later.....gotta go!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sure wish I was out there with you guys.

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gamma Goat on the range at Camp Grayling............anyone have extra parts lying around?

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made it home safe.
Just geting redy to go on another Mission to Lansing to day.
Some photos not alot of them & I need to charge battery in camera.

AndrewH

The Google Hut, Pion Dion's Neon, and Team Safety made it to the home LZ just fine. Now the worst part..... unpacking. What happened to the rest of my troop seats?!?!?! :D

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was last one out of the deep forest, by time I unloaded and dropped off the trailer, unloaded and parked the truck, jumped in the car, I arrived home at about 9:30.
Had a great time! Great to see everyone! Lane had me laughing my nads off with his new MRE helmet. I took a zillion photos, will post real soon!
Happy to report we didn't lose anyone while wandering around the grenade range.
Too bad the weather didn't turn nice until Sunday but the rain didn't dampen the fun!

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So where is everyone? I did not take any pictures! Everyone make it home safe?
Home!?
I knew I forgot to do something!
I took a few pics but by 10am Saturday I forgot all about the camera.

1st pic - On my way to Camp Grayling - thru Huron National Forest
2nd pic - Friday Afternoon Convoy lining up to go to a Memorial site on Base
3rd pic - Friday afternoon traffic, with the convoy ready to pull out and people arriving at registration
4th pic - My LZ at our FOB
5th pic - Getting lined up to hit the trails 9am Saturday

After a Sunday morning ride, We cooked up burgers for lunch at The MMMT Foundation tent.

Yeah Baby! have to start planning for next year!

Attachments

miltruckman

We had a great time at the trail ride. I was putting the bobbed truck togethor (after changing the cab)until the last minute so we didn't arrive until Saturday around noon. Only one small mechanical hitch with the truck was one pf the plastic lines going to the manifold flame heater filter rubbed through on something under the hood. I was able to cut the line shorter and move thr ferrul back. It still reached and all was well.

The kids always want a campfire. So we borrowed the one at Dave's campsite. We did a couple of short rides Sunday then Bonnie took the kids home in the Explorer. I took my time getting home and pulled in about 7PM. I filled up with gas and averaged 10.95mpg. A great trip. Thanks everyone for putting it all togethor.

Bill

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks