• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Lejeune NC help $$

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made the mistake of bidding on a M1101 where there are only loadouts on Thursday 9-12:30. Might explain why trailer went for reasonable price that it did. I can get it home to Oklahoma with standard shippers if I can find someone who I will gladly be friends with on eBay if they can pull this rescue off and store for short time. Please advise if you have any contacts or recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There is a local tow yard who will pull it out cheap. They have base access. They don't want to store it though. You will get charged by the day.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a local tow yard who will pull it out cheap. They have base access. They don't want to store it though. You will get charged by the day.
I have his contact info. I will just have to try and time it correctly with a driver when I get that arranged if I go this route . I have been really wanting these trailers, sometimes it's easy to forget that if they just gave this stuff away shipping would still make it a $1500 trailer. Location location. Nice if you live in right location bites if you live in middle of nowhere. :)

BadRobot

I had bad experience at Camp Lejeune . I went to pick items a couple time. The guys don't like to pick their phone neither except Thursday. I try to stay away from Camp Lejeune GP as much as possible. GL at Ft. Bragg is a lot nice.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beastmaster I appreciate the offer, depending on my shipper I may take you up on your generous offer. I can get off base on pretty much any Thursday. Local towing company that Suprman referred me to can pick up just can't store for long just because of space. I will check to see how much to get it to your place if need be. Shipping is not unreasonable if you aren't rushed.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to add to the saga. I had driver all lined up to head to NC to pick up my trailer, had wrecker company go to base today to extract, on the one day of the week they are open. Tow driver gets turned around at gate because they are closed for memorial day holiday. Funny I thought that was actually Monday. Wonder if this counts against m 10 days to pick up? The next available open day is actually past my required pick up even though there has only been one day since I bought trailer that they were open. Wow what a well oiled machine GP is. NOT......

TheBigOldSarge

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sir, I have some cell Numbers for ya. Guys who work at GP/IP. Wayne 334-540-9125 and Will Mass 828-429-3987. What I found out, being new to this Military auction. Is that each one or maybe two guys work at each site each one day a week. They travel to Base / Fort / Camp / Station all week. I had the same troubles at first until I got with there program. Just like the Military (Hurry up & wait) . If you get a line of commo with these guys, there will not be a charge. Also I have used Route66 , Steve is a bid on the precise side. But once you sign the release, he does it all calls them, makes the appointment, handles all schedules.. NO worries!! cause that is all he does. call Steve 818-262-4466. it is hard now days to get on base. They do a Background check" their dated base is hook-up to FBI / Locale Law-enforcement and etc.

BadRobot

I don't think GP/GL will charge you for late pickup or storage charge at NC. However, Fort Dix, NJ might. Sometime GP will let towing company to remove the items from the base to free up storage area but the towing will charge you arms and legs. The best way to avoid the storage charge is call GP customer support. Ask the GP customer support to make appointment for you or stay on the phone until you get the answer. Additional, ask the GP customer support to confirm with writing, email. It works with me. They answered my email. Otherwise, ask to speak with a supervisor.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update 6-1-17, off base and safely stored at BeastMaster's place. So a BIG thank you to him. Now I don't have to worry about threatening emails from GP claiming I am abandoning it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks