• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camperized slide in for my M923A2 Ideas?

Snowtiger

Good afternoon since I have joined this forum I have started to really open my eyes to the potential my truck has. I am now thinking of designing a slide in camperized living quarters that when its not in use can be slid out and stored safely. Having said that could I get some of your ideas out there for what I should build it out of and what I would have in it. For starters I was thinking I can do allot with approx. 14' x 8' inside measurements then a fold down deck. I am thinking of what type of material to build it out of or is there something out there that is already close in dimension which is more cost effective to use as a starter. This is going to be my hunting and fishing palace in theory. I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on what I should do if you could spare a few moments.

Thanks a bunch JP

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could start and build one from scratch or get an S-280 and put a lift system on it that raises and lowers the shelter.

turnkey

Get a pickup slide in camper, and just check the overhead height for less than 13 feet...Everything ready for ya to have fun in ...I did it and it worked out great...

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
87" wide is about the max if you want it to slide out or at least that's what the Military uses. The 939 AAR shelter I have in my deuce is that wide and it's a snug fit.006.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks