• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can’t find any info on a switch present on my Humvee

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you acquire the truck from, and have you tried operating the switch to see what happens?
That looks like a good place for a security switch to interrupt the starting circuit.

Follow the wires….probably someone installed a form of security switch, does the truck start if you flip it?
Didn’t try this, however I already have a “safety switch” which is basically a battery switch which was installed by the previous owner, and said owner didn’t tell me about any other post-production installed switches

Where did you acquire the truck from, and have you tried operating the switch to see what happens?
That looks like a good place for a security switch to interrupt the starting circuit.
I tried operating it both with engine on and off, didn’t seem to do anything apparent enough to noticed.
I’m going to try and see if it affects the starting circuit

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to identify the wire numbers. It seems to be near and perhaps involving the wires going to, and from the direction control module/flasher and directional controls. Perhaps it is a defeat to prevent nighttime lights from coming on when in battle? There is already a control module for that, but it is really weird that this toggle switch is so close to the directional stalk.

You need to identify the wire numbers. It seems to be near and perhaps involving the wires going to, and from the direction control module/flasher and directional controls. Perhaps it is a defeat to prevent nighttime lights from coming on when in battle? There is already a control module for that, but it is really weird that this toggle switch is so close to the directional stalk.
I’m gonna have a look and see if it has anything to do with the flashers, sadly I can’t find the tags with the wire numbers, I don’t know if they are in the electrical tape wrap or if there’s any at all

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks