• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can 101A3 rims fit on A2 axle?

koolex11

I know the new wheels are 16.5" and the old GM rims are 16", but are they interchangeable? Anyone ever check if the bolt pattern is the same? I actually want to put HMMWV wheels on my 85 Chevy, but I though it more likely that someone tried switching trailer wheels.

86m1028

But if you are putting A3 rims on a M101A2 trailer they will rub the body, too much back spacing.
They do fit (barely).
I have bought m101a2's with 12 bolt hummer wheels on them.
I would not put a load in the trailer with those wheels on it but it can be pulled (empty) that way.

86m1028

I know the new wheels are 16.5" and the old GM rims are 16", but are they interchangeable? Anyone ever check if the bolt pattern is the same? I actually want to put HMMWV wheels on my 85 Chevy, but I though it more likely that someone tried switching trailer wheels.

Search in the cucv section plenty of info there.

papakb

Prior to buying a really clean A3 I had A1s and A2s. The A2 will run with the high offset HMMWV 16.5" rims by using a spacer between the wheel and drum. Because I never put a combat load into the trailer a simple 3/8" spacer bought off of eBay worked fine. There wasn't any thread showing on the wheel studs but I never had any issues with the wheels loosening up. There are some high dollar wheel extension kits available for the trailers but I never saw the need for one.

The whole axle is different on the A3s and it adjusts the track width to match the HMMWVs and eliminates any problems with clearance.

Kurt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks